Tuesday, February 09, 2010

My Birthday and a FULL TIME job on the Geek Squad (Kinda)

Yep, Jacob has got a temp FULL TIME job now with Best Buy. Praise the Lord! An opening in the Geek Squad came up in January. They asked everyone on the Geek Squad if they had their choice of anyone in the store to come and work with them, who would it be? They all, hands down, said Jacob. Even the one that is known for being a grump wanted Jacob. :) So it was strongly suggested to Jacob to apply for the job, which Jacob was more then happy to do. He has always been into computers and fixing them so this is right up his alley. What do I mean by Kinda? Well, he is working 40 hrs a week, for now, since they are so short handed but he is not technically a "full time" employ. His hours can go down in the future, but for now, he will have 40 a week. We will take what we can get. I'm looking forward to having all the moving expenses paid off with these extra hours. :)

My birthday was a good one. It was great how many Birthday wishes I received on Facebook. :) Jacob was off that day and so he cooked supper for me and even cleaned the kitchen and took care of the kids most of the day so I could do other things I was needing to get done. It was nice. He even bought me a chocolate cake. :) Mmmm, so good. I told Jacob for my birthday that I wanted to go and see my childhood friend who lives in the Seattle Area, who's birthday is the day before mine. So on Friday, the day after my birthday, we made the drive down to Redmond. Her sister was in town too that day, so I was blessed to get to see them both! Lisa, her son and our family went out to eat at a Chinese buffet. Yummy. Then back to Lisa's for a game of Sorry before heading back home. The kids all got alonge well and had a good day. It was such a nice enjoyable day. I loved it. Thanks Jacob for that great Birthday gift! I love you. :)

1 comment:

cokelady said...

Soooooo glad to hear that your husband made it to the Geeks! ;-) That's so exciting!!! I'm sure he'll love it.

And what a nice birthday you had! How fun to be able to see old friends again. :-)