I was just sitting here thinking of Elijah and of all the things he does that makes me smile and so proud of him.
He has always been one to feel the pain of others. He doesn't like to see others in pain and tries to make them feel better. When his siblings get sick, he always draws them a nice picture with the colors that he knows they like and gives it to them. When he pushed Alana a few weeks ago, he just sat in his chair and cried like his heart was going to break. When I asked him why he was crying, he said that he felt so bad for hurting her. When I had to pull a splinter out of Moriah, Elijah was trying to calm her down by telling her "When Mom pulls it out, just don't think about it. Think of something else and it won't hurt so bad." You could tell he was feeling her pain. He even feels for non humans, like the time, a couple years ago, he had caught some kind of insect in the house. I told them to kill it or flush it down the toilet, he said he didn't want to but instead he wanted to let it go outside so "it could go back to his Mom."
I've seen him sit and read stories to his sister before, and seen him play tickle the other kids, just like Jacob will play with them. I hear him from time to time encouraging his siblings to obey so they don't get in trouble. He does well in school and is just a good help when I need it. He is very observant and notices things not many guys notice and mentions it. Like "Your baby looks cute with her hair fixed like that." "You look pretty Mom." etc. I love hearing him say that God is his best friend with Tim and Dan being his second best friends. I could go on and on, but it is getting late and so I will stop for now.
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


3 comments:
Wow, what a great guy!
What a great grandson!
Love you.
Hey, I don't have your e-mail address on this computer (have to get that updated!) so I figured this would be the next best thing.
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry we got cut off today. I'm glad you called and I look forward to talking to you again soon. Call when it's convenient for you. I love you!
Post a Comment