So this morning before I got in the shower, I told Elijah and Alana to clean up their bedrooms and then got in the shower. After about 10 minutes, Elijah opens the door and yells in a panicked voice "Alana's eye is BLEEDING!!!" My heart sinks. I yell at Elijah to sit in a chair (he has been a rather bit of a pest to siblings as of late and figured this was his doing.) Alana comes crying into the bathroom and I peek at her from behind the curtain and see a bunch of red running down the side of her face. (I'm half blind without my glasses.) I quickly finish rinsing the conditioner out of my hair while instructing Alana to get a wash cloth wet and wipe her face off. By the time I get out of the shower, Alana had her face cleaned off. I take a look at what was underneath the rag and breath a sigh of relief. Her eye was unharmed. She did have a nice cut running away from the edge of her eye that looked like would need a couple of stitches. Great timing! Ha! Right! Jacob had been around the home all week working on the house, today was the day he actually left to go into Bigfork, 30 min away. Quickly thinking of who I could possibly call for help, I called Debbie my cousin who lives right around the corner, hoping that Josh was still home so she could come over. Josh was home and they BOTH came over. :) Sure is nice having a teenage son who can watch the other childern when needed! They both looked at it and agreed that it looked like stitches would be needed. Debbie held Alana while I finished getting ready and talked to both Jacob and the Dr. on the phone. Josh actually did more talking to both of them then I did. What great family I have! Debbie ended up taking my three younger ones to her house so I could take the two older ones to the Dr. While waiting at the Dr. office I got the whole story from the kids. I guess Alana was cleaning her room like a good daughter when the brothers came in and started picking on her. After asking them to stop, to no avail, Alana began spitting on them. *Where did she pick that up from???!!??* So Elijah pushed her to get her to stop. *What happend to talking and asking her to stop or better yet going to your room and clean it up like you were suppose to be doing anyway??!!* Alana tripped and fell against the baseboard heater, ending with her nice impacted cut next to her eye and scaring Elijah half to death with all the blood. So when the Dr. stitched up Alana's eye (Alana was sooo good and never cried. What a girl! ) I MADE Elijah watch. He HATES blood and stuff of that sort. "Mom, do I HAVE to watch?!?" he asks when the Dr started stitching. "Yes son, you have to watch. This is what happends when you push people." "Mom, can you wipe the blood away!" he cries as he cringes when fresh blood apears with the first stitch.... I hope Elijah has learned a lesson here. They both have been scolded and Elijah has some restictions now and if I need any help, he is the one learning how to use his energy correctly and being a help etc. Alana was going to go with Dad to Sedro-Woolley Thursday, but now will have to miss out on her trip and stay home to get stitches removed Friday. So yeah, I hope tomorrow runs a little smoother! :-)
Here is a picture of Alana and her stitches. If she looks tired, it is because she is. I took these right before bed before putting on a new bandaid.

She ended up with two stitches. Click on the picture to see a larger version.
8 comments:
Ouch! Poor baby! Glad she is okay and such a bummer that she has to miss out on her trip.
Just looking at it makes my stomach sink. I hope they learned their lessons! ;) Stitches are never fun.
Wow, what a day for you. So glad it wasn't any worse.
OOOOO OUCH!!!! BTW, Levi wants me to tell you that your "About Me" section says you've been married 7 years, but your son just turned 8. lol!!! ;)
And she only has 4 kids with the 5th one on the way.
Love you, sis. I know those 5 keep you busy as well as the garden, moving, packing, pastor's wife, etc.
-Mom
Crazy computer. what's the matter with it?
-Mom
Sis. Tammi - Alana is actually going to get to go with Daddy! Jacob decided to wait until AFTER Labor Day weekend to go. When we realized that it was Labor Day weekend, we figured he wouldn't get much done out there.
Gracie - I know! Me too. :)
Amy - I'm glad days like that are few and far between.
Jessa - Oh yeah. *sigh* I don't even read that so I never think about it. lol I'll have to try and update it I guess. :)
Mom - Kids are sure good at keeping one busy, aren't they? Especially when you have more then 2!
Go girl! I see you got your about me section updated. Nice work, sweetie.
Post a Comment