This Christmas was the most perfect Christmas we have had. It was truly grand. I think that having been separated so much from each other this year has had a hand in us truly enjoying and appreciating time spent together.
This was our first year that we did not spend a holiday with family. We have always either been with Jacob's family or mine but this year we were on our own. It was a great day though and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The day was so relaxing and easy going. We would open some presents and then let the kids play with them for a bit before opening more. It was a fun way to open presents, just taking our time and enjoying them. We had more presents then I was expecting us to have after a move. Just one more way of God blessing and providing for us I guess. I was truly contented that day. Have I mentioned how wonderful of a day it was? :)
This meal was my very first holiday meal ever to fix all by myself. Is that a little sad or what? lol It all turned out great though and we have all been so enjoying all the leftovers. :D Every time I've serve the leftovers, the kids just keep on telling me how good it is and how much they love it. I also made my first sweet potato casserole. I've never been one to like sweet potatos, but I made it for Jacob because he just LOVES those things. I tried the casserole and to my surprise I actually liked it and took more! Even Elijah liked it. *thumbs up*
I have been so happy since finally getting here to WA. Not just me, but the kids too. (And of course Jacob!) Everyday they can't wait until Daddy gets home and count the days until Jacob has his days off. It was rough go of things for a few months there, trying to get things all figured out with the house and what one had to do to really be ready to move a family of 7 to another state, but it has been worth it all to follow God's leading. Hopefully, if we ever have to move again, we will have learned a few things and it will not be so hard or take so long. All the same, I'm hoping that God will let us stay put for a LONG while. :) But He knows best, so we will just take it as it comes.
The house here is HUGE. It is the by far the biggest that we have ever lived in. It is 2,000 sq ft as oppose to our 1,400 sq ft house in MT. The rooms are nice and big with lots of play room. I have, for the first time, an actual linen closet with lots of room. My kitchen has TONS of cupboard space that I'm able to fit everything in that was in four different rooms at my old house. It is great! Alana has been asking for a cat for a while now. Well, one of our neighbors has TWO that just run up to you when you go out. My girls and I are just love that. (I've always loved cats.) We have a couple of apple trees in the front yard and a stream that kids can play in in the summer in the back yard. Our landlord is a very nice and friendly guy. All our neighbors seem excited to have little kids around. That is too is a relief.
The church people have been such a blessing. They have made up feel very welcome and at home. The kids and I haven't got to spend much time with them, with us just moving followed by Christmas, but I'm hoping that soon we will get to visit with them and get to know them more. We are all very excited and looking forward to seeing what all God is going to do here. We are planning to start up a bible study or two next month with some couples that are interested in learning more about the Bible but are shy about actually coming to a church service. I also have a couple of old friends that I'm looking forward to getting to spend time with again. One I haven't seen for around 12 yrs, but when she heard that we had moved here she came to the house with a welcoming gift. We will soon have to have tea and do some catching up. The other is a childhood friend from AK. We were very close growing up and are so excited to be living within driving distance again.
Life in service to the King of Kings is simply the best! My prayer is to only serve Him better. I can see where He has changed me through all this and I am thankful. I'm still far from what I would like to be, but it is nice to know that "He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be..."
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


5 comments:
Great post Bekah. So happy that you are feeling happy and content there and that everyone is making you feel welcome. Never had any doubts that they would...they needed some little ones around, which we didn't have and we knew they would love you all. How fun to have friends to reconnect with too...that is such an added blessing! Sounds like an awesome Christmas day and it is always great to prepare a dinner that the family continues to enjoy AFTER the first serving. :-)
I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I know things have been soooooo hard and this has been about the toughest move I've ever witnessed (long distance, howbeit) and I'm just so glad that it's over and you've got some RELIEF and are finally settled in to your new place. --And such a place! Your house sounds PERFECT for your family!!! So glad you guys are feeling so at home already and the Church folks are making you feel so welcome. God is good and I'm so happy that you've finally reached that light at the end of the tunnel! :-)
Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing.
Sis Doran, God never fails us. We may fail Him, but, He is always faithful to us.
We are still praying for His blessings with your ministry at Sedro Woolley.
Know you are not out there all alone. God is with you and if you need us, give us a ding...
We will be there for you.
YAY!! You posted!! I'm SOOO happy for you!!! It's proof, that God blesses those who follow Him into His perfect will. Love you!!
Post a Comment