The other day Elijah got some cooking schooling in. For breakfast we made baked oatmeal with frozen peaches and raspberries. Mmmm. He loved getting to cut and measure and stir. :) After that good breakfast we had our devotions and then started on the Cheesy Sausage Stromboli. Elijah learned how to measure flour etc and had his first real try at making homemade dough. He LOVED getting to punch the dough down. lol Next came the cooking of the sausage and mixing all the filling together, followed by patting out the dough and putting in the filling. Getting to cut the slits was something Elijah couldn't wait to try. (I'm thinking he loves getting to use the sharp knife.!) lol Lastly we brushed on the egg and sprinkled on the cheese.
Here is Elijah proudly showing off his Stromboli. I kinda broke it trying to get it off the pan. Sorry bud!

Alana, Elijah and Josiah anxiously awaiting to eat.

Mom's Stromboli.

3 comments:
Look delicious!
Yum!!!! Love the new look!
Thanks Jessa! I do too. :)
Post a Comment