Saturday, August 07, 2010

Finally! A New Look

Isn't it great! I love it! Many, many thanks to my brother Micah and his wonderful wife Megan for making this layout up for me. I think my sister did most of the work, I think.... :) Beautiful flowers and those I love, can't get much better then that. Thank you M&M!

I guess that it is time for my monthly blog. Seems like it has been a whole lot longer then a month with all that has been going on. Summer is just WAY too short! I can't believe that we will be starting school next month.

Moriah Update - I just looked and realized I never posted anything on here about her surgery. In the middle of June she had her tonsils and adnoids taken out in hopes of it "curing" her monthly, high fevers. She has gone for 9 wks now with no fever. Yeah! I'm so glad that God kept His hand on her through all this. I know so many was praying for her and me! Thank you!

So we had Moriah's surgery and 10 days later went to our convention. Moriah wasn't looking so good that first night. They all prayed for her and she was fine the rest of the time. I was even able to quit giving her her pain meds. PTL! Convention was good with inspiring messages. I'm so glad that we were able to go with all that was going on with Moriah and all.

We had a church fund raiser on the 4th of July, right before the parade. It didn't go so well due to the COLD weather, but at least we did make back what we put into it and a little extra. Hoping next yr the weather will be better for selling cold drinks and otterpops. I think the ONLY reason we sold anything was because of the cute kids. When Tabitha got hurt it helped the selling even more. lol

In the middle of July we got to go see the Shulers sing. It was GREAT! We loved it and I know that other members of our church enjoyed it too. It was fun and exciting to see, met, and get to know the Shulers more. Would love to get to spend more time with them. Those two young men are awesome. I love watching them play their different instruments and sing. We are hoping to have them come up and hold a revival for us sometime next yr. That would be awesome.

It looked like Jacob might not get much time off for the family reunion the last wk of July, but God worked it out that he got 8 days off. We had such a great time there. It was wonderful and great to see everyone and oh so fun. Talking with everyone, playing games, watching a magic show, getting to float the river and climb a mountain (6 or 7 miles one way) was most of what we did. Nathan and I beat the rest of them to the top of the mountain by 25 min. (We would have easily beat them by an hour if they didn't keep telling us to wait up for them. lol) Regular exercise really did pay off for us that day. It was worth the soreness then next few days just to beat the other. lol! No, I'm not competitive at all. lol ;-) Plus I loved having that time to spend with Nate to talk. Nice brother - sister bonding time. :-)

Here is a picture of all us hikers. Matt had to fly out that day or he would have been with us too.
Micah was using the water bottle cover to shield his head and back of the neck from the sun. lol
Back - Josh Davis, Me, Micah Peter
In Front - Tanner Davis and Nathan Peter



Jacob and I at the top. Isn't is beautiful?!


That pretty much brings us up to date with the happenings here. Our church here is looking into different ways to reach out to those in our community, making new contacts and hopefully growing the church. I think I'm going to start volunteering at the Sedro-Woolley food bank Mon. mornings. I'm excited about that. I think it will be fun and a great way to met people.

Until next time. :)

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

LOOOOOVE the new template and, if I may say so, it's about time! HA! Really, it's gorgeous! And your pictures of the mountains are spectacular, too.

Rebekah Doran said...

I thought you would appreciate the new look Sis. Smith. It has been a while since you told me that I needed to include Tabitha with my other kids. *sheepish grin*

Grace & Co said...

I LOVE your new look! Very, very pretty.

Make sure to update my blog address! ;)
www.adventuresofthesappylovebirds.blogspot.com

Rebekah Doran said...

Yes Ma'am! It is done! :) Thanks for reminding me Grace. I've been using the facebook link and kinda forgot about my blog link. sorry.

Jessa Stephens said...

Love the new look too!! One day I want to go to that side of Montana.... WOW!! Just as pretty as Alaska!