Saturday, March 05, 2011

The Winds of CHANGE

Wow, three months since the last post here. A LOT has happened in those months, thus the title of this blog. Let me back up to Dec. to fill you all in.

Beginning of Dec a good friend, Kalena Byrne (Parent), came over and asked if I would be her babysitter for her 3 very well behaved children. I told her “Yes” and started the next morning…early, early the morning, like 5:30 in the morning early. After 3 months we have all adjusted well to getting up at that unearthly hour. I think that Jacob has really enjoyed it if for no other reason then I now cook breakfast just about every morning. The ages of the babysitting kids are 8, 5 and 4 so they fit in well with my kids. The two older girls get on the bus at 8:40 and then I have the boy for about another 2 hrs before his mom picks him up. After that we hit school, squeeze in eating and then around 5pm we start getting ready for bed so the kids can have 10 – 12 hrs of sleep. The kids sure enjoy playing with friends just about every morning. God is so wonderful. We were going to be needing some extra money to pay for the propane bill that was coming up. Jacob and I had just talked about it a few days before. We weren’t really worried since God has always provided for us, I for one, was just wondering how He was going to do it this time. I am so happy with how He provided! I’m glad Jacob didn’t have to take on another job like last year and that instead it is something I can do in my own home and still homeschool my children! God is just awesome like that. J Also it is a Monday –Thursday sometimes Friday job. Can’t get much better than that.

That same week, I find out that both my neighbors are moving and that very weekend one of young couples in the church moved 5 hrs away to Kenniwick to pastor. They had a very good reason for moving (pastoring) and all but we do miss them. Our church isn’t very big 18 in Sunday school and everyone misses them. But it is neat that that same weekend they moved, that Sunday we had a new teen boy start to attend. He has been coming pretty regular since. Isn’t neat how God works things like that? We loose one young couple and gain another young person that same weekend. Not only had Jorge been coming to church but has started teaching Jacob how to play the guitar! Jacob has been quit the diligent student too, I might add. He has advanced much more quickly than Jorge ever expected him to. Jacob played his first special in church two weeks ago. It has made me very happy to see Jacob get so into playing the guitar. He practices so much. He has even start having the kids gather around and sing with him which make my heart so happy. Jorge asked me to play with them a couple weeks ago. It was a lot of fun getting to play the piano while my husband played the guitar. It was a great feeling to be able to play with them both. Can’t wait to see what all God does with all this. I can tell, far as my playing goes, that it is easier to play songs in church and even a little by ear now. That is very excited for me. I sure do love playing the piano.

I guess this is long enough for now. I hear my bed calling me, so I will have to write more another time. Hopefully sooner then 3 months. I sure enjoy time on the computer but I haven't been getting it much in the last 3 months, but that is ok. The Lord knows what we need. So for now, good night.

7 comments:

Tammy K. said...

Great update. Way to go Jacob. Good for him. I do not envy the 5:30 am rise, but I am sure you get a whole lot more done.
the kids are getting older and looking like KIDS, no babies aymore. :-(

cokelady said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW TEMPLATE!!! That is so, so, sooooo cute. :-)

It's good to hear an update, too. I would DREAD early mornings like that, but I admire you for taking them on--what a blessing God has provided for all of you through that! And it's GREAT that Jacob is doing so well on the guitar. :-)

Vicki Smith said...

YAY! It's so good to hear from you again! Your new template is very pretty. But that poor baby girl of yours - - she's NEVER made it to the header yet! One of these days you're going to have to put a picture of her ALL ALONE on your header banner to make up for the rest of her life when she's been neglected. ;-)
How wonderful that the Lord is providing for you guys and it's all working out so well.

Rebekah Doran said...

Tammi - One would think that I could get alot more done getting up so early, but the thing is, when you get up so early, you also go to bed alot more early, so a whole lot more is getting done. My house gets one good clean a day now though - after breakfast ALL the kids do a chore, so that does help.

Becki - Thanks! Megan made it for me. I really like it. It makes me think of spring.

Sis. Smith - Tabitha did have a spot up there all her own for a little while, but yeah, I'll have to have her up there again all by herself sometime again.

Rebekah Doran said...

Tammy - Opps, I ment to type NOT a whole lot more is getting done. I'm reading with three kids now just about every day. That takes alot of time, but I started crocheting while they read to help keep me awake and it alot makes reading pass quicker for me as they SLOWLY sound out there words. :)

Rebekah Doran said...

Becki - Yes, I am so impress with Jacob actually putting in all that time practicing and playing through the pain. He actually broke his first string this week.

Jessa Stephens said...

Great post! Love, love, the new header picture. TOOOO cute!!!