I love our not too little home we have here in Washington. It truly is the perfect size for us. One huge boy's room and one huge girls room with an attached bathroom couldn't have been more perfect for the kids. Our living room is just enormous. We have plenty of space for having guests and entertaining. Our view is sooo beautiful. We are surrounded by trees and away from town a bit which makes for a nice quiet place to raise a family. The above picture is taken right next to our house on the hill that the house is built on. The PERFECT place for sledding. And it is right next to our house! I'm thinking it will make for a great water slide too if we bought a few more hoses to reach way over there. :)
The kids love it here. They have tons of room to play both inside and outside with the perfect paved circle to ride bikes around and around and around, safely away from the traffic on the road. A huge big yard that even haves little frogs for them to find and catch all summer. That is a major highlight for them. I love how God does that, sets His people in the perfect place. He knew the desire of my heart, to have a big enough place for our kids to move around in and lots of room for company, and He gave it to us. Our house in MT still hasn't sold but I know God has His reasons. I wonder if it did if it would have kept us from getting this place. Jacob said when he was looking around that we would have only been able to get a 2 bedroom house for the size of loan we would have been able to get. (Housing is really high here.) That sounds rather crowded for a family of 7.
I don't have anything to complain about in all reality concerning our housing situation. We have some good renters in our MT house that is making our housing payments for us, so God has really taken care of us in that area. Other blessings of renting, we don't have to mow! lol Our landlord has a big mower that he keeps this spacious piece of land mowed with and in the winter he even plows our drive circle for us.
Elijah has been doing Switched on School House for school this yr. He loves it and so do I! Ever morning he does his school without me having to tell him to, it is GREAT! His grades are good too. I am seriously thinking about putting Alana in it next yr. as long as she is able to read well enough which I'm thinking she will be fine. It will help to free up my time as next yr I will have two 1st graders who will be needing much more attention and practice with reading.
Josiah and Moriah are doing very well in K. They really enjoy being able to do school with each other. They are starting to sound our words which is very exciting. They love everything about their school too. It sure makes it nice when kids love school.
Alana loves school too. She just loves handwriting which Elijah just can't understand. lol Alana is STILL missing her two front teeth. Maybe she will get them for Christmas. :)
Tabitha gets a bit bored when everyone is doing school but is getting more use to finding things to do on her own. We got her a leap pad for $10 at a yard sale which she has spent many hrs on. She also colors and loves to look at books.
Jacob has been real busy here the last few months. He has put up a new web page for our region which looks very nice. Here is a link if you haven't seen it yet.
That took alot of his time, but we are all pleased with the results.
Jacob also puts together The Beacon Light now. (Our Regional Paper) It took quite a while getting is all figured out and all but it is looking really good. Like other papers he figured out how to get it up online. Exciting stuff for sure. :)
Jacob was also in charge of his first district convention earlier this month. The Lord really blessed greatly. The presences of the Holy Ghost was very strong and we all came home ready to work and desiring more of the Holy Ghost anointing and leading in our lives.
We are hoping things will calm down a little around here now (as in not so much traveling) and be able to spend more time with the people here and reaching out.
I have been volunteering early (like 6am) Monday mornings at the food bank. We all work to sort the food accordingly to the different food banks in the area. I have enjoyed getting to meet a few more people and helping out in that way.
Aside from that I stay busy schooling 4 kids and keeping up with the local church work. (I'm a Sunday school teacher, CPMA leader and the church treasurer.)
I can feel and see God moving in the people here in our region, (I feel Him working and changing me!) it is very exciting. Until next time, God bless and stay WARM! :)


5 comments:
Wow, what a great post, Rebekah! I so enjoyed reading all about how God has blessed you--the perfect home for your happy not-so-little family, the church work, schooling the kids, oh just everything. :-) I'm amazed at all you do. I wanna be like you when I grow up. ;-)
Wow! I got a comment! Thanks Becki. If you saw how the inside of my house looked most days, you might change your mind about wanting to be like me when you grow up. :-P
BTW, I'm not heartless like you all think! lol In my defense I was a bit distracted the first time I watch TOY STORY 3, so I didn't get caught up on the moment as much as I would have if I was not distracted. The second time around I did cry. Are you happy now? :)
You're a better Mom than I am. Don't worry about having a perfect house; just focus on having a happy family. You've got that down a whole lot better than I do! Ha!
Thank you for fessing up. I'm so glad that you cried. You're a real person!!! :-) HA!
Great post Bekah! I'm happy to hear things are going so well!!! God is good huh?!
Oooopps that was me. ;) I'm at mom and dad's....
Hey, BTW, tell Bro. Jacob that the website looks WAY awesome!!!! He did good!
Post a Comment