Thursday, June 22, 2006

Getting back to normal....normal?....is there such a thing?

Hello blogging world! You've all been busy while we were gone! I have this thing called the Blog Navigator, it tells me when someone writes a new post and lets me view it etc. Anyway, when I got back there was almost 300. Now there is OVER 300 posts that I haven't read. I don't think that I'm going to be reading ALL of them. *smile* A few of you, Paul, had only 5 new ones. That was easy to catch up on. A couple other of you had less then 20, the most I have right now is 74 new on one blog! being followed by 54. lol Oh to be young and to have time on one's hands again! lol JK!

Mom, Nathan and Ernie left Tuesday noon. It was nice having then here. Mom and I got to do some shopping! We had a birthday party for Alana on the 16th. She is 3 now. Can you believe that Jenna? It was fun having a party with Grandma and Uncle Nathan. Ernie got along with Elijah pretty good. Alana and Ernie had issues though! Oh my goodness! did they ever. Mom, just today Alana blamed Ernie for something and he is not even here! *shaking head* Mom and Uncle Nathan watched Alana and Josiah for us while Jacob, Elijah, Moriah and I went to family camp. That was really nice for me. Wow! Babies like Moraih are so easy to take care of. Josiah even bonded with Grandma Peter! Talk about amazing! He is so NOT a people person. He only likes me and his dad and now Grandma Peter. and of course Uncle Nathan. (who doesn't like Unlce Nathan?) Elijah and Alana LOVE people, so I'm not sure where Josiah went wrong. :) Speaking of Josiah, he decided to help put dishes in the sink for me today while I was feeding Moriah. Well, it was more like throw them in. He is way to short to put them in gently. There went another drinking glass! This has been a bad year for cups at my house I've had so many of them break! It's weird. Oh well, that just means I can get new ones! *big smile*

We got the new tin for our roof delivered this afternoon!!! We are sooo excited to be doing a new paint job and roofing. We'll I am, I'm not sure about Jacob. *grin* We even took a picture of it being delivered. Are we sad or what?! :)


There it is. Now just have to wait until a couple of the church people show us how to put it on. There were going to try for tomorrow evening, but since a baby was born this morning, I don't think it will be happening. Yep, my cousin had her baby! They now have 3 boys and 2 girls.

Guess what I got to do for the first time in my life?! give up? I got to mow a lawn...wow...it was fun. I just did our front yard and a little bit of the back yard. Jacob put the kids to bed for me in exchange. His allergys are really bad right now so I decided to give it a try. For those of you who don't know, Bethel, (where I grew up) has no lawns. Well, I take that back, I think there was 1 or 2 not very big ones when I was growing up. After we got married Jacob and I lived in places where we didn't have to worry about a lawn. This is our first lawn that we have to take care of so anyway....I also pruned our plum trees today, that was fun. Elijah insisted on helping me. He was able to cut through most of the branches. Pretty strong kid.

Last night I stayed up until 2:45 working on our check book etc. I hadn't done the thing for a month since we were gone to AK and then back home a day then off to family camp then back home with company etc. But everything was fine and it all checked out. (We don't just have the checkbook to do, we also have to enter the entrys into our buget thing and then make sure it all checks out etc. Thus the 4 hrs of work last night. But all was good, Praise the Lord for providing!

I got to reap my first harvest of strawberries yesterday! I planted some last year but the deer ate them. We got the fence raised higher this year and now I have tons of berries growing. *big smile* I pick a whole pound and 4 oz. Not bad and still lots getting ripe. Fun! Fun! Here is a picture of my berries! They were very yummy! Beautiful huh? (the berries that is!) :)


Well, I better close for now and head for bed. Sis. Tammi K. I will be working of getting some pictures of the kids and camp on here for you soon! Goodnight all!

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Beautiful berries. So glad that you guys get to eat them instead of the deer.

Please congratulate Josh and Debbie on their new bundle of joy.

BTW...WELCOME BACK! You've been missed.

The Middle J said...

3!!! are you sure you havent missed counted or something???lol...WOW- I'll never forget the day she was born and being able to hold her - she has grown into this beautiful adorable little girl...

man I miss you guys- give her a hug for me not sure that she remembers me she was just a baby

love ya'll so much

Rebekah Doran said...

Sis Tammi-I'll pass the message on. and thanks! :)

Jenna- I know, time sure has gone by fast. I was looking at some pictures of when you were with us and Elijah was getting a hair cut. thought that you might like to see them. someday I'll post them. Hope that you guys are able to drive through here on the way up to AK!

Meg- you had 54 last night and now you have 57??? oh my! but what can you expect from a writer huh? :) Glad things are going better.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »