Friday, April 16, 2010

Magnetics and Dead Mice

Grandma Peter got the kids some magnetics for Christmas this year. They love them. I love how it will keep them entertained for hours. :) I don't let the two younger ones play with them just yet, but they will still be around when they get older. So no worries. Thought Mom might would like to see some of what the kids make with them.

Elijah and his star tower.





Alana and her tower.


Josiah's inventions.


Another one of Elijah's towers.


They haven't gotten to play with them a whole lot since we are still working on school, but this summer I'm sure that they will spend many hours with them, especially on rainy days.

Seeing Elijah in this last picture reminded me of what he said the other day. The kids all ran in the house all excited about a dead mouse they found out in the yard. Daddy went out with them to take care of it. I guess after Jacob got it picked up off the ground and into a bag to be thrown away, Elijah said "Dad, it wouldn't be a very good idea for us to lick the grass there would it?" "No son, it wouldn't be." Where do boys get thoughts like this??? Another valid question would be "Do my kids lick grass?" lol

2 comments:

AKCameraGuy said...

I love licking grass, nothing makes my day more than a tasty lawn full of grass to lick..... ???? :P

I think my nephew's brain has taken after his dad...

Rebekah Doran said...

lol No doubt! hee hee