Thursday, April 22, 2010

Marshall's Syndrome - A Rare Childhood Disease

Every since Dec. Moriah has had a monthly, high fever (104-105) that none of the other kids ever got. I found it strange that she seemed to get it close to the beginning of every month. Last month we took her to a doctor to see if they would have any ides what was going on. The doctor said that it sounded like Marshall's Syndrome and set her up with an Eyes, Ears and Nose specialist who had a few other cases of this disease. Thankfully, it is not life threatening or contagious. In fact they have no idea what causes it. It is a childhood disease that one eventually grows out of, but it may go on for years. The most common treatment is tonsillectomy. The specialist said that with the 3 or 4 cases he has had in the many years of his practice that it has worked everytime.

The thought of surgery on my 4 yr old is a little frightening to me. I would rather God just heal her. If you, who are reading, can help us pray for God to reach down and heal her little body from this Syndrome, Jacob and I would be very grateful. We had our church people, family and I'm not sure who all else knew pray for her this last month and she actually went 6 wks and 2 days instead of the normal 4 - 5 wks, before having another fever. I know God is able to both heal her body and give me complete peace through it all. It is hard for me to see her so hot and in pain (joint pain, head pain and stomach pain sometimes even throwing up.) She is not a "quiet" person and we all know when she is suffering. (Takes after her dad.) *grin* I love them both though and would not trade them for the world. What you see, is what you get with those two. :)

If you would like more info on the disease itself just follow the below link.




3 comments:

Tammy K. said...

Thats weird. We will pray for her.

Vicki Smith said...

I'll request prayer for her at HQ.

cokelady said...

Just wanted to stop by and say that I'm praying for Moriah. Love you guys! Keep us posted.