Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sick

Well, we've all been sick this week. I managed to escape until Wednesday, but it eventually caught up with me. Then, I couldn't shake it.

It started on Monday, with Alana. She was fine during the morning and then she suddenly took sick with a fever of 101 degrees. Fortunately, it did not go higher, and the fever broke on the following morning. Rebekah and I started loading up on garlic, but the bug was resilient and got us anyway. First, it got Rebekah. It got me on the following day. At least the garlic seems to have kept us from getting a fever. We just ached and felt miserable.

Even though the fever broke and Alana was feeling better, she got an aweful congestion and sore throat. Rebekah and I both got that, as well. Josiah has that but hasn't gotten the fever and vomitting that Alana got.

Elijah got a fever on Thurday night and vomitted a lot during the night. He started out with a temperature of 103, but after we dressed him in lighter clothes and had him sleep with just a sheet it came down to 101 like Alana's. The fever persisted until the following evening and then dropped down to 99 degrees. Today, it went back up to 101 with a sore throat.

None of us can seem to shake this thing. We get feeling a little better and then get worse again. Today, I was the most miserable that I have been yet. I ached something aweful.

Of course, no one wants to come around us, which is understandable. I feel like we've got a plague or something and our house has been quarantined.

Hopefully this breaks soon. We missed out on the Whitefish Winter Parade, Torchlight Parade and fireworks, and we're going to miss the Superbowl party tomorrow. Talk about a bummer. A few people did break the quarantine, today, to bring something over to Rebekah for her birthday. They showed up in surgical masks (just kidding) and handed Rebekah the goods through a half inch crack in the door.

Actually, Grandma Jenkins has already had it and figured she would be fairly immune to it by now, so she brought us a humidifier today and actually came inside for a little bit. It felt nice to have some human interaction again.

My assistant sunday school teacher for the boys wouldn't even come over to get the sunday school literature for tomorrow. He said he'd make something up. I would have slid it under the door, you know. =(

Oh well. It can't last forever... at least I don't think it can.

If worse comes to worse, we'll just start ourselves a leper colony somewhere. *half smile*

No comments: