Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm ...So... Tired.....ZZZZ

That is what happen to Tabitha the other night at dinner. While trying to finish up her mashed potatoes, she just couldn't fight of the tiredness anymore and fell asleep at the table. lol I was able to lay her down for the night from there. Josiah is the only other one of my children to fall asleep while eating. He did that once. I think this was Tabitha's second time.


All the kids thought it would be a good time to take a group picture. :)


Not a whole lot to write about here. We pretty much just do school, eat, chores and more school. I should have the kids all caught up this coming week from starting 3 wks late and having Dad here for over wk. (We didn't do full days while he was here.) I'll have them all caught up in time to move. I would like to do some extra work with them so they will not get behind AGAIN, but we will see. I have 16 more days until Jacob comes back to get us. If the house doesn't sell, I'll be having to get it ready to rent, which I am guessing that will include some more painting etc. And I'll have to pack the little bit of stuff that we are still using to live right now. Soooo, being behind in school might be the story of our life until we are all moved and settled in. :-P Oh well, being able to teach my kids the way I want and knowing what they are learning and keeping them away from the bad influences of public school is worth it all and I am thankful that I can home school.

Jacob is getting spoiled over there in Sedro-Woolley. He is staying with the Adams this time. Sis. Adams is grandmotherly, has grandkids at her place all the time and is treating Jacob as one of hers. She has been fixing pancakes (Jacob's all time favorite) every morning for breakfast with eggs, hashbrowns and sometimes bacon or sausage. He is so loving that. She has even fixed his lunch for him before he gets a chance to, to take to work with him. I'm glad to know that he is being so well taken care of, but I hope he doesn't expect me to make all that for him every morning when I get there! lol

Jacob is enjoying his job at Best Buy. He says that it is fun working there. I'm glad that he is enjoying it so. I'm also thankful that he has had three 8 hr days in a row. Jacob doesn't have a set amount of hrs that he will work every week, so it will be just whatever they give him.

Please say a prayer for Elijah's neck. His muscles have been hurting him a couple days now. Right now I'm having him put some heat on it. Hopefully that will help.

We haven't hear anything else from the guy who looked at our house sooo, most likely nothing will come from it. Other news, my eye is doing alot better and is almost back to normal again. I am VERY thankful for that. That's about it for here.

Hope that you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

cokelady said...

My kids have fallen asleep at the table at that age... but we never gathered around for a group picture! Ha! That's hilarious!!!

Only a CRAZY woman would expect to stay all caught up on school while she's temporarily a single mother of 5 and MOVING to another state! Give yourself a break, lady! ;-) Of course, if Jay stays with that lady too long you may ALWAYS be a single mom 'cause he'll want to stay where the pancakes and all the fixin's are! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Remember that you're homeschooling and you can make your own schedule!!! If we start a month late we can go a month longer!! If we get behind just adjust YOUR schedule and voila! your not behind anymore.

Momma Tammi said...

Sis. Adams loves taking care of others. ;) Is Jacob working at the Best Buy in Burlington or Bellingham? I'm glad that you are all going to be in Woolley before too much longer, in spite of the situation with the house. When we were preparing to move to the NW, our house had been on the market for a month and we had only one person look at it...it was when we decided that we needed to go whether the house was sold or not and made the moving truck reservations that God brought the people to us that bought it. We closed the day we arrived in Canada. God will work it all out in His time.

Rebekah Doran said...

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Sis. Adams. Jacob works in Burlington where Derek works.