(If you want to see the pictures, keep scrolling down.)
Alana has been begging to ride horses lately. So when my Aunt told me that if we came down and visited them, they would let the kids ride their horses, I thought "Why not?". I've been wanting to go and visit them ever since we moved to Montana, but for some reason or another it just never happened. My Grandma has been asking Grandpa to bring her down to visit too, but that hadn't happened yet either. So I thought, why not kill 3 birds with one stone and take Grandma and go visit my Aunt and Uncle and their grown kids before we move and would be way to far away to visit then. (Right now they are only 3 1/2 hrs away.)
We all headed out Friday morning. Got to my Aunt's house in time for some lunch and some yummy cin. chocolate oatmeal bars. Travis (my cousin) and his wife and new baby (Cooper) came over and we visited for a little before going out to ride the horses. The kids got to brush the horses, see how saddles were put on and then finally RIDE THEM! They had so much fun. They didn't want to stop but hot chocolate and more of those yummy oat bars convinced them to go back inside. It was a rather chilly, windy day and I'm sure my Uncle was close to freezing by the time they all came back in.
We enjoyed a delicious dinner and then let the kids watch a movie while the rest of us played a couple of games. It was a fun, relaxing evening. The next morning Uncle David cooked us all some pancakes and sausage. Yum! We all filled up, packed up the suburban and headed out to Jamie's house (my other cousin) so Grandma and I could get a look at the beautiful house, her and her husband are building and let my kids play with her two girls. The kids had alot of fun playing together and playing with new toys. Grandma and I enjoyed getting to see Jamie and having the grand tour of her very nice house. Jamie fed us some yummy elk/deer meatballs with sauce and noodles for lunch. All too soon it was time to head back home.
The trip home was uneventful. (That's a good thing!) Elijah and Alana brought all the stuff from the suburban into the house for me (it is so nice having somewhat bigger kids now!), while I brought in the sleepy, cranky little ones and started to feed everyone our easy supper of V8 and burger king. Now they are all in bed and all is QUIET. Ahhhhh.
It was nice to be able to get away from everything for a day, have some fun and get the long awaited visit in. Tomorrow I will start working on the house again.
Oh, I don't think that I have put up here what we are doing. So let me tell you while I'm actually blogging. :) Jacob is coming back on the 30th of this month. We will pack up our U-Haul on the 1st of Dec. and then head out on the 2nd for WA. Yeah!!! We will finally get to be a whole family again. :D As for the house, we are going to rent it out until next spring/summer when people start buying houses again. Our house will still be on the market during the winter, but we will let the renters stay until spring or longer, all depending on when the house gets sold. So say a prayer that the Lord will give us some nice renters for our house. Since we are renting out the house, I've been doing some painting where needed. I've painted 3 rooms in 3 days. Now I need to paint some trim, fixed some wallpaper in a couple spots and then hit the packing. I have one week left to get it all done. I'm a little nervous about getting it all done this week, but with God's help I'm sure everything will work out. We had a few people look at the house this weekend. I'll hopefully find something out on Monday if any of them were approved etc. (Our realtor's office also manages rentals.)
I am nervous and excited about FINALLY getting to move. It is going to be sooo nice not having to be separated from Jacob anymore and finally get to meet all the people I keep hearing about over there in Sedro-Woolley. I'm counting down the days!
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


2 comments:
God will give you the grace to get it all packed. So many times I have thought, "I'm never going to be done in time" and some how, God always helps me to do it...I know that He will help you too.
I know this as well...you are going to fall in love with the people in Sedro Woolley.
We're praying for you and all that it takes to get moved.
Thank you for the encouragement and prayers Sis. Adams, I really appreciate both. This big move, has been teaching me alot about trusting God. It is forcing me to grow (hopefully!) in my trust of God.
Post a Comment