Megan and I cooked all day that day. She showed me how to make tomato gravy for lunch and I showed her how to make biscuits. Both were really good. I'm going to have to remember that recipe when we have tons of tomatoes to use up. I cleaned up the kitchen a bit before Megan started her lasagna sauce. It was my first time watching someone make their own sauce and all. I learned alot. It turned out really good too! We decided to make the L. with ricatto cheese instead of cottage cheese. I really liked it that way. I'll have to make it that way again. The kids have seen some Garfield cartoons and were excited to eat "lasagna" lol. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the dinner and I know I really enjoyed eating the leftovers. :P
Sometime during M and M's stay, I found out that Megan had NEVER changed a diaper in her life. :-O Well, being the good big sister that I am, (ha!) and having the perfect baby to practice on, we quickly had Megan changing her first diaper. lol She did really well. Maybe next time I'll have her change a cloth one. :P

I also showed M and M the wonders of "liquid stitch". I patched a pair of Jacob's pants with it and then let Micah take over to patch Elijah's pants. Micah said that he is always getting little holes in his pants, I'm guessing he is going to use quit a bit of that stuff!
While they were here, Josh taught Micah how to scroll saw a little. Here is a little puzzle bunny that Micah made. Neat huh?

Saturday the kids and I and Uncle Micah made the Empty Tomb Buns. The kids had alot of fun covering the marshmellows with dough. They didn't seem to enjoy eating them though as much as the rest of us did. It was Megan's first time ever having them, but she did enjoy them. That evening, Megan made her yummy orange/honey stirfry. It had lots of vegs in it, the way we all like it and of course some chicken.
One night Megan watched Josiah and Moriah for me while I went into town for an hour. She let them take a couple pictures. Wasn't the cool of her? What a great Aunt!
Here's Josiah's picture.
Can you tell they had fun?




2 comments:
I am glad you got some girl time!!
Those are great pics! And great memories of Auntie Megan for your little ones.
Nancy
Post a Comment