Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Can't Believe It Is Almost Christmas!

I can't believe that Christmas is just a day and a half away. I'm not ready!!!! lol Oh well, we will survive. ;-) Jacob started working on the Christmas cards yesterday. I need to go through the pictures that we have to send out and figure who goes to who so we can send them with the cards.

Sorry for my absents in blogland. We have been very busy with school. We've been doubling up with Elijah's classes trying to get caught up. We are all caught up with his Phonics and today we will be caught up with his math and science. We got WAY behind in reading, so it looks like we will be doing that until school starts again, but that won't be too bad.

As far as what else we've been up too... Elijah had a birthday party to go to last week for Tim and Dan's birthday. They had alot of fun. Then this week Alana had a "Princess Party" to go to. Hope has turned 6. She wanted everyone (the girls) to come to her party dressed as a princess. I can't wait to see the pictures Debbie took of all the pretty little girls. When I see them, I'll have to put some up here to share. Hope wanted all the princesses to sleep over too, so they did. What fun! That was Tuesday.

Thursday Alana woke up with a sick stomach. She ended up throwing up 5 times and then taking a nap. When she woke up she started running around and playing. It wasn't long before she was loading her dishwasher and singing at the top of her lungs! I am SO THANKFUL that that sickness didn't last long at all. No one else has got it either until this morning. Moriah threw up, but now she is acting fine. ??? We will see what happends later on with her.

It has been SO COLD this week. We found out that our outside spicket was leaking. We've been watching it real close to keep it from freezing, bursting a pipe and flooding under our house. Finally yesterday, Jacob was able to get a neighbor to come over and help us cap it for the rest of the winter. Yeah! No more cold trips to the back yard to chip ice away etc.

Elijah has reached that stage of being somewhat anti-girl. lol When he sees a picture of a girl on his schoolwork, he will x them out. If he is suppose to color a "girl" picture, he will scrible it. Crazy boy. He did do a sweet thing this week though. When Alana was throwing up, he drew her a NICE "girl" picture for her and gave it to her to help her feel better. Wasn't that sweet of him?! :)

We started a chore chart this week or last. It is working out good. It is easier then trying to remember everyday what I'm to have the kids to do. Now I just tell them, "Go do your chores before you play." And it all gets done. Alana has been teaching Moriah how to do some of the chores. It is SO CUTE to watch them work together all happy like. *happy sigh* I just love my girls.

Josiah, can't really think of anything he has been doing this week. I know that he is throughly enjoying all the Christmas baking and cooking we've done. Oh, he has also moved up a Sunday school class. Yeah! No more with the babies. He is enjoying that.

Tabitha is my little singer. She sings almost all the time. I've never had a little one sing as much as she does. We all love listening to her sing. Maybe she'll be a good singer some day like her dad.

We also recieved some GREAT news this week. Next month my brother Nathan is going to be moving down to live with us!!! We are all SO EXCITED! It is going to be great having him around all the time. I know that Stephen (my cousins 16yr old) is very excited too. They are very good friends. It will be good for both of them to be living in the same town and being able to get to do things with each other on a more regular basis. Jacob and I have been wanting Nathan to move down with us for a couple yrs now, it is going to be great to have a teen around. :D

That about wraps it up for us this week. Hope you all are having a good week and are all ready for Christmas.

3 comments:

cokelady said...

So great to hear what all has been going on around your house--we've been missing it! :-) Have a very, very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Jessa Stephens said...

Merry Christmas Bekah!!!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so excited to hear about Nathan! We'll have to talk so I can hear what brought it about! Merry Christmas to you!