We had our first blizzard of the year last night. It is now a freezing -8! BRRRR!!!
We had Derek and his wife, Tessa, at our house yesterday. They spent the night Thursday night and stayed and visited a bit Friday. Today they are out hitting the slopes with skis. They will most likely be back tonight, maybe to spend another night before heading off to catch their plane back to IL.
It was a bit of a surprise having them come out. I knew they were going to back in MT to sell more pic for Great Falls, but had forgotten about it until they called Tuesday! lol There was no school here Thursday and Friday as we got ready for company. Looks like we are going to have to be doing school during Christmas "break" to catch up on all the days we have missed in the last few weeks going to Iowa, having Uncle visit and now Derek and Tessa. That's ok. That's a great part about homeschooling you can take days off and double up easily when needed.
Yesterday we started our Christmas baking. We made those peanutbutter cookies with with kissed in the middle. MMMM! I LOVE those cookies! I think today we are going to try and make sugarcookies. Those are always fun and so good. It is a good day to bake with it being so cold outside.
Ok, I'm done sitting at the computer. Time to go and get SOMETHING done. :)
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


6 comments:
Hey Bekah. I need your Pepper Steak recipe. Mine has gotten wet and stained and I can't quite read all of it. Thanks soooo much! It -19 here toady and in the wind it's -40!! Yee-haa!
We didn't get a blizzard but we did get snow. We got just below freezing, but not THAT far below. Ya'll can keep that for yourselves. ~smile~
Oh, I see now why we all got the recipe. Thanks, Mandie. :D Yay!!!
And yay for snow. But, brrrrrr.... that is COLD.
My mom always makes those peanut butter kisses for Christmas, too. They're always a big hit. Have fun with your baking.
Mandie - I'm glad that it is only -1 here now. That is cold enough. Stay warm!
Sis. Tammi - Yeah, I read how you guys had to cancel church today. I'm glad that you don't have it too, too cold there.
Amy - Have you got to do any baking?
I did some pumpkin bread, but I'm planning some more soon. I will probably do cranberry bread next and maybe some cookies. I don't know. I'll have to ask Anthony what he wants.
We here in Craig can relate to the brrrrrr bit. We got a pretty good snow yesterday and it is flat out cold. Hope y'all are staying warm and cozy. Stacey Clark
Post a Comment