Thursday, December 04, 2008

We Love Our Uncle

The last day that Uncle Isaiah was with us, I took some pictures of him with the kids. It was easy to do since they were all sitting on or by him anyway. :)

It is hard getting all three of the kids to look and smile at the camera. lol! I took like 5 pictures of them all. Out of them these two were the best.





I tried a different angle just as Jacob pulled up into our driveway. Zay seemed very excited to see him home. :P


I thought this picture of Moriah and Uncle was too cute.


Another good picture of the two.



Alana with Uncle Isaiah.




My favorite one of them two.


For his last supper with us we hadour last Ham from our pig from last year. (All my brothers LOVE ham) We also had mashed potatoes, celery sticks (my kids love those!), olives, jelled cranberry sauce and fruit salad. (I failed and didn't make any dinner rolls, but we all got full anyway.) For dessert I tried a new recipe Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. Here is a picture of it. This isn't the one that I made, but looks almost the same. It was good. I had made two bowls of it and sent one with Jacob to the paper that day. Everyone there loved it, so it made me happy. :D



That night (Tuesday night) was our last night with Zay. So we stayed up until 2 am playing Settlers with him. It was alot of fun. We ended up playing 3 whole games and with each game being a different scenario. Mucho fun. I'm just glad that I wasn't one of the ones getting up at 5 in the morning to catch the plane! ;-P

9 comments:

Pam said...

Rebekah I love the pictures of the kids they are so cute. That pumpkin dessert looks so good. Could I have the recipe?

Rachel said...

Ahhh!!! I want the recipe too!!!

I'm so glad they had fun with their uncle. I know about siblings being far away and not getting to see their nieces (and nephews too in your case!).

Momma Tammi said...

All of the pictures are good, but the one with Alana's arms tightly wrapped around Isaiah's neck is just so sweet.

I don't like pumpkin, but that dessert really is pretty.

~Amy said...

Cute, cute pictures. Looks like they had a lot of fun. :D

Dessert looks really yummy. Saw you put the recipe on the recipe blog. I just may have to try that. :D

~Amy said...

Sister Tammi, you don't like pumpkin???!!!! That's just unAmerican! ;-)

Grace & Co said...

You can tell the kids love their uncle. =] Great pics!

Jessa Stephens said...

Super cute pictures!!! Zay is SO good with kids....!!!

Nancy said...

They are all so adorable!!! I want some of that desert!!!! YUM! :)

Montgomery's said...

Looks like you and the kids have had a lot of fun. Love the pictures! And the dessert... While we were at the Ronald McDonald House and the twins in Children's, a lady made this and I think Rob ate nearly all of it before anyone else had any. He begged the manager to get the recipe from the lady who made it. She was grateful to give it to us nearly 4 years ago. It's been a family favorite since then. I don't like ginger, but I love this dessert!

Have a Merry Christmas!