With all the nice weather we've been having and having Nathan around, I thought that it is time to try to get back in shape. Nathan loves to run. I hate to run. But.... after seeing him run often and even Jacob running with him sometimes, I thought I would give it a try. Bought some pink and white running shoes a few days ago. Monday, yesterday, was the first time we really jogged. Jogged around the bend once-kinda (that is 2/3 a mile), then I had to walk around once, then was able to jog the third time around without having to stop! I might of had to jog pretty slow, but I didn't have to stop!!! lol Was wanting to go again today, but it was raining so we couldn't. So I decided to dig out our rebounder, found the DVD that goes with it and did just the basic moves. I was sooo excited though that I did much better then last year when I first tried it out. Last year I just about DIED making it through just the basic moves, but today I was able to go through the basic moves TWICE and still walk when I was done! Yeah! I'm in better shape then I was last yr. Oh course, that might not be saying much. lol! If it is raining tomorrow, then I will try the beginner work out and hopefully still be able to walk when I am done. :P The kids started jumping on the rebounder, and I couldn't resist take a few pictures to share.
Moriah giving it her best shot.



Josiah - can you tell he dressed himself today? :)


Tabitha busting the moves. You go girl!




Things are going good here. Grandpa gave me some of his extra raspberries, so him and I and Elijah planted them one day. Then yesterday I tranplanted most of my stawberries to a better area with the black plastic around them so I won't have to do so much weeding this year. Had sooo many strawberry plants that I gave 30 or so to our neighbor and I still have extras. Those things are SO EASY to grow.
School is going good. As you know Alana is done. Elijah has only one spelling test that he will take on Friday and he will be done. Nathan is working on finals this week. Those finals sure keep a person busy!
Today I finished going through Josiah's next size of clothes, so now I can work on the girls summer clothes. They can't wait.
I'll end with a picture of Nathan. This is Stephen's bike that he was letting Nathan ride. It was alot of fun.
8 comments:
The pics are adorable! So glad that you were able to walk after working out...not walking would have been really bad! ~smile~
Way to go! And it looks as if the kids loved the workout too.
that is awesome bek! looks like everyone is getting back in shape- even my mom has started exercising for the first time since we left florida! if she can do it, so can you! and if you can do it, so can i! which means i'd better go hop on that elliptical... micah and i want to start biking/roller blading again if we ever get the house clean enough to the point that we can actually leave!
Please disregard my e-mail. Growing older tends to make one senile occasionally. *wink*
Sis. Tammi - Thanks! Oh, I know! Not being able to walk after working out last yr WAS REALLY BAD.
And Ok, I'll disregard your e-mail. *giggle*
Amy - The kids are enjoying it. I like being able to have them jump on it when they can't go out to use up some of that extra energy they all have!
Meg - I LOVE to bike. I need to get some new tires for my bike so I can ride it this yr. You know, I don't think that I have ever been roller blading, but it looks like it would be fun. That must have been one dirty house! *grin*
Exercising is no fun but once you get in the groove of it your happy you do it. :o)
The pictures are cute.
Good to see that you all are exercising. Ernie and I bike around the loop about twice a week. Today was sunny, so we just got back. It got up to 55 degrees today, what a beautiful day for school picnics.
Hey Bekah! I have a new blog. I heard about your move!!!!! DONT GO! :)
We will miss you guys SOOOOO much!
Love You!
Nancy A.
Post a Comment