Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happenings as of Late

Where to start? It has been a whole month since posting a "real" post. Well, I guess I will give an update on the house situation. We thought at the beginning of Oct. that CJ (the lady who wants to buy our house) had found a buyer for her house. Ended up that the loan company decided that they could give her buyer a loan, so we were back to waiting and praying. CJ has since gotten another buyer for her house, if they get their loan approved, all will be good. We're hoping to hear if it went through or not, this next week.

This past week, Jacob has been back in Washington hitting the job market hard with applications and all of that good stuff. Actually, this very moment, Jacob is in Yakima, WA at our minister's convention that started tonight. But back to the jobs. The lady at the job source place, told Jacob that he had alot of the qualifications for the job openings at the college. So he went over and applied for 2 of them. Either one would work real well for him/us. We are praying and hoping that either one of those will decide to interview Jacob. They said that they will let him know next week. Those jobs aren't the only ones Jacob has applied for. He has turned apps in ranging from McDonalds to Coffee Shops and to clothing stores like Macey's. Since Jacob will be staying in WA until he gets a job, I'm praying he will find one SOON. We all miss him alot. And I really miss having an extra hand around to help with the kids. I'm SOOO glad that I'm not a single mom and that this phase in our life will pass sooner or later. I'm so thankful that God has blessed us with a good man who loves and cares for us.

Jacob is not only looking for a job but also a house to put us all in when Jacob does get a job. There is a house that is out in the country a little (I'm not a "in town" kind of girl. I have and can live in town but I love and prefer the country!) that would seem to work out great to buy. They are willing to let us rent from them until we get a loan etc, but until Jacob gets a job, we will not know what our price range even is. Soooo, once again we are back to waiting, and praying and waiting some more. :) I know God is working in us through all this and I'm trying to be patient, but sometimes it is hard. I can see God working in us and changing us and I am thankful for that, even though some of the changes brings pains, it will all be worth it in the end, right? "To be like Jesus, to be like Jesus, all I ask is to be like Him..."

The kids and I have been doing school for 3 wks now. We are hitting it hard trying to get caught up on our late start. I'm hoping to at lest get caught up and maybe a little ahead before we move. That would be great! We will see though. :)

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

The college is a good place to work. I really enjoyed my job in the bookstore. Praying that he finds something soon.

Tammy K. said...

I will be praying for all your needs. Keep us posted.
Moriah's hair looks cute and I like Elijah in glasses. Nice suburban.

Rebekah Doran said...

Thank you for your prayers. I know that God is hearing and will answer them. :)

Jessa Stephens said...

I'll remember to keep you folks in my prayes.

Wow, Elijah has glasses. They look good on him!!