Alana was needing a new black skirt. So I found this dress for free and grabbed it, knowing that Alana would love it. The dress itself was too big for Alana (a size 14) and by the time she would have been able to fit the dress, the dress skirt would have been way too short. So I decided to cut off the top a few inches under the sleeves. I then folded it over at the top of the "skirt" to make a casing for the elastic, put the elastic in and tada! a new black skirt. Alana wanted to keep the pretty white trim etc and so I cut that off the collar and sewed it onto the skirt.
Here is the dress "before" the alterations...

And the skirt after the alterations.

And here is Alana enjoying her new warm velvet skirt. She loves all the leg room that the skirt has! And I'm glad that it is a warmer material for the colder months that are ahead.
7 comments:
Nice job.
Beautiful granddaughter!
:)
Thanks Mom! :)
All right!!! Doesn't it feel so good to get creative like that? I LOVE making something new and useful out of something NOT new or useful. :-D The skirt is beautiful and it's special because there's not another one like it in the whole wide world! Alana is beautiful, too.
It does feel really great to make something "new" out of something un-useable. I love making skirts that way too. So much quicker and easier! I love anything quick and easy now-a-days. :D
Very nice..
That is great! It looks fantastic!
Good job!!
Wow--you're amazing! I never would have thought of that. I'll look at all of those too-big-for-Katie dresses at the thrift store in a whole new light now. :-)
Post a Comment