Monday, July 17, 2006

Getting ready to start scraping paint.

Wow! What a busy week! I’ll be glad when this month is over. We have to have the house all painted and roof done by the end of the month. (It was part of the agreement in getting our loan.) The roof still isn’t done. Got closer though! It is so close I can almost taste it. :) Jacob and I looked at colors for the house this week. We came home with a TON of those little paper samples to match to our roof and then pick from what is left over. Today I found a neat little visual color thing on the internet to help you see what a house would look like with differ colors and trim ect. That should help us a lot in picking the colors. *big smile* Jacob got his 1st drill this week. He has never needed one before now. It is a real nice one from Costco. When he bought it, it ended being half the price than what we thought it was going to be. They must have had them on sale. That was a great surprise. We also bought a heavy duty paint scraper. Tomorrow we start scraping the house! I hope to have it all scraped by the end of the week, that way we can paint the next and then be done on time!

Today Aunt Cathy’s washing machine quite working, so they came and got the one that was in the house when we moved in. While they were here, I mentioned that we had a bed that we are needing to get rid of so we can clean our garage out next month. She said that they can use it while her grandsons are staying with them, so YAH! I won’t have to throw it away.

Friday we had Dave and Mel over for supper. After eating the kids played water guns outside. They really enjoyed that.

Today after church we had a rootbeer float party at the park with all the church people. That was fun. I think all the kids were very sad when the parents said that it was time to go home. :(

Micah called me today! I’ve really been missing my brothers this week. So it was good to talk to him, even thought for only a few min. before heading off to church..

I believe that is it for here. I will have a picture of the new Davis Baby up soon!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

The Middle J said...

Sounds like you have alot of work ahead of you. I was tired just reading it. What color did you end up chosing. Rootbeer floats sound so good right now - its sooo hot here.

Love the camp pictures btw- I plan on going to another camp plus AK- Im going in between your guys and Arizonas and TX and whatever states are with them-lol- It looked like ya'll had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska
Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska
Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska
Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska
Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska
Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska
Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska
Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska
Scraping paint ... Move to Alaska

Hhhmm .... I think I'll just move to Alaska!LOL!

cokelady said...

Whatever you do, DON'T TRUST THOSE LITTLE LIAR CARDS!!!! You know, the ones with the shades of paint you're supposed to select from. When you pick something that looks "so nice" on the card, it's a sure thing that it will be dreadful once you start slopping it on your house. BELIVE ME. That program sounds terrific -- the one that shows you what the colors will look like on your house. I wish I would've known about that! GOOD LUCK TO YOU! Be sure to post before and after pictures for us, okay?!

Rebekah Doran said...

Jenna-That's going to be a tought chose between those two camps. Both are very well done. That would be neat if you did make it here. Those rootbeer floats hit the spot. It has been so hot here and muggy. I'm glad that we got the airconditioner in this week too. Perfect timing!

Meg-Yep, he did call me. :) He said that he would have to call again when we could talk more (no kids around to distact me = after bedtime) but yeah, about time! yes, I believe that he was referring to Alana, because I KNOW he wasn't referring to me! lol I can see why you picked those colors, they do fit you.

Sis. Sutton- lol! Wasn't much of a choice huh?

Ok Becki, than how in the world am I to know what to get???? LOL I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about how it is all going to turn out. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. That program did help elimnate some colors and ideas rather quickly. If you ever have to paint another house I'll send you the web address. And yes, I will be sure to post pictures, wheither good or bad, but hopefully it will be good, or at lest decent!