Saturday, March 31, 2007

Taxes

Yesterday we got our taxes done. Thankfully we don't have to pay anything in and will be getting a little back. That's always nice.

Last night Dave and Mel came over and played Settlers with us. Dave even won. Jacob had a good chance to win, except he started the game off on the wrong foot with me and so was constantly getting the robber stuck on him. :P

The real fun began after everyone went to bed. Jacob and I were awaken by a crying Alana who threw up on her carpet. While I cleaned the carpet ( gag), Jacob changed Alana and her bedding. We all went back to bed, but Jacob didn't go to sleep. He must of had a gut feeling that Alana was going to go at it again and just listened for her. Sure enough she did, but Jacob was able to get her to the bathroom in time. :) An hour later Elijah threw up on his carpet. So as of this morning only Josiah never threw up. Moriah is acting normal but the older two aren't.

We started potty training the two younger ones this last week. Josiah is doing really good and Moriah is slowly getting it. I think it helps her to see her brother doing it too.

Jacob put up a new cabinet for me to use as a pantry. It is sooo nice to have more space and room. The house seems to be easier to keep clean with more room to put things. While in Havre, the Alexanders gave us their old king bedframe and bedding. Jacob put up the frame and I bough those plastic like blocks to put under the frame to raise it higher. Doing that has given me a good deal more storage space. I love it!

Well, I better draw this to a close and go do some of that laundry that accumulated during the night. Here are some pictures from the past two weeks.


Moriah trying on Daddy's shoes.



Our happy trainers.



Josiah and his faithful sidekick checking out a window at the Alexanders.



Here they are again.



Here we are playing Settlers while Emilee gets her lunch.



Emilee and her Daddy.

9 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Great pictures. Moriah has grown so much since Minister's convention. I love the expression on Josiah's face as he looks through that window...priceless!

Montgomery's said...

Very nice pictures! Hope everyone gets to feeling better real soon.

J Nowling said...

Oh I feel for you. It is so hard when you have multiple kids sick. I'll be praying that the two of you don't get sick. You've been there done that!!!

Love the pictures. And oh I've heard you mention The Settlers Game so many times, that's one I'm going to have to check out.

~Amy said...

That must be some game. If you get to go to the Assembly this year maybe you can teach me!!

Hate to hear about the kids being sick. I'll be praying for them. What a good daddy to help clean them up. There are some men who wouldn't go near it!!! ha ha

Hope you had fun with the Hendrickses. I miss all you guys so much.

Take care.

Love ya.

Rebekah Doran said...

JN-It is a really fun game. It has been described as a cross between risk and monopoly, only easier and faster than both. I'm going to teach Micah how to play when he comes down, then maybe he can teach all of you guys. :)

Amy- I don't think that I will be going to the Assembly this year. The baby is due the 25th of Aug. Sorry! Maybe next year though. :) I would love to teach you how to play.

Jacob is a really good Dad. I'm so blessed to be married to him.

Yes we did have fun with the Hendricks. I just hope we didn't pass this sickness on to them, that wouldn't be good.

Rachel said...

I'm tickled that you guys have more space now! It IS hard to keep clean with no storage space. I'll be glad when we can spread out too.

August 25th is my birthday, but I'll not hold my breath. :-)

Rachel said...

Oh, and kids are so nice on taxes, aren't they! LOL!

Rebekah Doran said...

Wow, Melissa Hendricks b-day is Aug 25th, that would be neat if it was born on its due date.

Yes, 4 kids definately has it plus when it comes to taxes. :P

Anonymous said...

loved the pics! Too cute!