Ok, I know that is not how you would spell that word in Yupik, but that is how it sounds if writing it in English. :) I remember going berry picking with my Dad for those berries. I have no idea what their English name would be except that my Dad would tell me that they were "red" berries. He loved those things. As for me they were a little too sour but they made great jam. I remember looking at those things and wondering how in the world did they ever grow? They grew out of the mossy tundra on this tiny string, actually it was more like a thread. That thread never seemed big enough to get the nutrients that were needed to the berry, but yet somehow the berry was there. There isn't an alot of those berries around and so getting a couple cups from my Dad was a great surprise and treasure. The girls helped me to mash up the berries. Josiah jumped in on pouring in the sugar and Elijah helped me to cook and stir. We got a whole jar and a half, but we will savor it all. Thanks Dad!
This week has been a great week. Jacob has been getting more organized and so have I. It feels great!
I started to potty train Moriah again. She is doing really good! I'm taking her about every 45 min. It's so nice to have her out of diapers. With Moriah on the toilet more, she has rediscovered TOILET PAPER. lol We've had a bowl full a few times this week. :P
Tabitha is enjoying "playing" with toys now. It is so fun to watch her excitement when given a "new" toy. I've set her swing seat up to the sitting position now, and so she is enjoying being able to reach and play with the toys on that too.
I can't remember if I mention that we had gotten a little behind on Elijah's school. (Too long of a Christmas vacation.) So we have been working hard on catching back up. Today is the last Saturday of classes. Yeah! And he only had to do 2 classes instead of a whole day (5 classes). One class is art, that makes it even easier. :)
It was a colder week this week. Which met no playing outside for a couple days. The only kid that really made a difference with was Elijah. After a couple days of being shut up inside the house, he was running around like a cat does when needing exercise. Dashing from one end of the house to the other and working up a sweat. I was glad when it warmed up enough to let him out! *grin*
Alana wasn't feeling well a couple days this week. Stomach and head hurting. She got over that, but has been whiny today. She ended up falling asleep. I think she has been waking up too early since sometime in the night she crawls into bed with me and then my alarm wakes her up. *shaking head* She is one girl that needs her sleep to function well.
Josiah has been his good quiet self this week. He sure loves Tabitha. Every morning he stands right in front of her and smiles and jabbers before he starts his play for the day. Oh I remember what we had to work with him this week. Picking up his room. He would start out his day by dumping out every single toy out of the toy box. Then of course he didn't want to pick them up later on. With some training and alot of practice, he can now pick up quite quickly. :D
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


3 comments:
I love going to your house in Alaska eating your homemade bread with homemade jam. Yummy! Love ya, Lisa
Wow,you have been busy the last few days posting. Thanks for all the pictures. They are great. When I looked at the fridge picture I thought the same thing Matt did, how similar it looked to your old one, then I continued on. Your gonna need all that fridge space.
Lisa - I miss you coming over.
Tammy - Your welcome. I put them up there just for you (and others like you.) You and Matt are funny. lol I sure love all that space. It is sooo nice.
Post a Comment