Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Time with Uncle Nathan

It has been very busy around here since Nathan has come down. A good busy though. School has been going good. The first two weeks was the hardest, as we were trying to figure out how to work it all AND catch Nathan up on all the quizes he missed while in Anch. But now that he is all caught up and we are in our new groove, it is working out very well. Elijah loves that he isn't the last one done with school anymore and is glad that he only has 3 vocab words instead of 10. :D

The kids are all still enjoying having Uncle Nathan around and miss him when he is at Stephen's. I am so blessed to have brothers who enjoy kids. Nathan will take a break from school and just start playing with the kids for 10 min or so before going back to work. The kids love it and so do I. I really enjoy having someone over 12 to talk to on a daily basis too. Nathan is very good to me and asked often if there is anything I need help with. What a great brother!

In our last VLB service, Nathan won the sword drill we had during our service. It made me smile.

All in all, life is busy but good. Oh, and we do have a suburban and a Pontiac Grad Prix in our driveway now. :D I'll have to try and get a picture of them for the next time I post.

Here are a few pictures with Uncle Nathan.

Everyone wanted to sit with Uncle Nathan during movie night.


The kids love it when Nathan plays the piano. (I do too!) For the first couple wks, everytime he would sit to play, someone had to go and play with him. Nathan just kept on playing the piano, unbothered by little hands adding extra notes to his music.



Josiah was fasinated by the feel of a newly shaved head. lol


Oh, if you can, say a pray for Tabitha. She is STILL coughing at night. I'll put vicks on her and it helps her to stop, but I'm just wondering why she is still coughing. She only coughs at night and has no other symptoms of a cold etc. Last night she threw up again from coughing. Please, please pray that she gets over this NIGHT cough. Until next time...

3 comments:

cokelady said...

What great memories your kids will have of Uncle Nathan! I'm glad he's there.

I want to see pictures of the new cars. I had a Grand Prix that I DEARLY LOVED until my creepy husband traded it in before I even had a chance to say goodbye... It's not like I harbor hard feelings over it though. ;-)

Jessa Stephens said...

oh I loved those pictures with Nate. He's such a great Uncle. I'm soooo excited that he looks happy.

I had night coughing for about 2 weeks...it got to coughing sooooo bad that my chest muscles still hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if she has bronchites from the way it sounds. I'll be praying that God will heal her little body.

Rebekah Doran said...

Becki - I can see why you DEARLY LOVED your Grand Prix. They are GREAT little cars. What a mean thing for James to do! ;-)

Jessa - He is a very good Uncle. It is great having him here.

I don't think Tabitha has bronchites. She isn't coughing hard like before. It is more of a cough to clear flem. It doesn't last more then 15 min or so in the night and it is just once a night. She is a little better this week, she actually got to sleep through the night a few times this week without waking up!!!