Friday, September 22, 2006

Braker box 1- 9

Our dryer quit working yesterday. I had a load of dipers in the dryer at the time. So last night after the kids were in bed, I layed them out around the living room to finish drying. Jacob checked to see if the vent hose was plugged, it wasn't. ??? We are so not knowledgable in figuring out what the problems are and fixing them. :( But now is the perfect time to learn with family close and willing to show us or tell us what to do. This morning Grandpa told me to check the braker box. So I did and the dryer started again. So now we are waiting to see if it will quit again when I try to dry another load and then take it from there. Speaking of which the washer just stopped so I'm going to go and put them in the dryer. Back in a sec....

Ok, where was I...The kids are playing outside. YAH!!! It has been cold and rainy the past few days. The kids were about to go crazy with built up energy. Today the sun is out, so the kids are outside burning some of that energy! I think I might go out and pick more plums too. They are getting pretty ripe and then freeze what we don't eat in the next week. I just love having fruit trees in my yard!

Jacob is out for the day. He had alot of interviews to do. Yesterday he was at a football game in the cold. Brrrr. He was sick for the first part of this week, but is doing better today. Thank the Lord!

Now that we have the garage cleaned out, Josh told us to figure out where we are going to want the windows and doors, so that they could come and work on putting the new floor down and closeing in the garage. So yesterday I graphed out the garage and I think we have something that will work for us. We have a 8x5 bathroom, a 10x 15 bedroom, and a 20x14 livingroom. For my family that has been down here and knows our houses, that is a bathroom the size of Aunt Cathy's little bathroom, a bedroom the size of Jacob and mine bedroom and then a livingroom the size of Grandma's minus the fireplace stuff. Now we just have to go look at the windows that Ted got for us to see which ones we want and then figure where we want them and then figure out the door placements. It is fun, for me anyway :P , I don't know if Jacob would call it "fun". lol

We have a new little "friend" in our house who likes to serenade us. Apparently when we had the snake and was feeding it crickets, one escaped. It is now camping out behind my refrigerator and letting us know he is there from all his lovely cherping.

Tuesday was a just girls out day for my Grandma, Moriah and me. We went out shopping for clothes for Grandma. Grandpa hates doing that sort of thing, so for her late birthday present I took her shoppping and bought her some new clothes. It was a wonderful day. We both enjoyed getting out and spending some time together. Moriah was sure a purfect angel while we were out. And we found Grandma three new dress outfits and a few new tops. We were pleased. When I got home that evening, my wonderful husband had cleaned the kitchen and picked up the livingroom. *sigh* What a perfect day!

Moriah has a real crib now. Up until now she was using a pack and play. Now she has a white crib that Debbie gave us. I think she is enjoying it. I know I am!

Josiah found the joy of using Moriah's back for a coloring book. I walk out of the bathroom and there is Moriah in her nice clothes with black lines all down her back. AAAHHHHH! lol! Thankfully it did wash out well.

Well, let me put some pictures up here before I go and feed my bottemless pitted kids. :)



Here is Hope Davis (Josh and Debbie's third child- 4yrs) up in one of Grandpa's trees. She even out climbed the boys! Go Hope!

hope tree

Here is Andrew Davis. He is 2 and is oh so cute. He is really talking now. I just love hearing him say my name!
Drew

11 comments:

Rachel said...

It's so nice to have a girls' day! I haven't had one of those in TOO LONG!!!

I sympathize with the dryer problems and no knowledge to fix it. Our washer has been leaking slightly for months now and we have no clue what to do about it. I just keep a new towel in front of it constantly and HOPE it doesn't get wet enough before I change it out for the neighbors to slip and fall on! (We live in a duplex with a common laundry room in the middle. )

Glad that it was just the breaker though and it's working now!

The Middle J said...

The mental image of Josiah coloring on Moriahs back was funny.

just girl shopping is fun though we did get Micah to go shopping with us last Saturday even if part way through it he found a coffe shop to sit in till we were done with JcPennys hehe

The pictures are great- are any of the Davis kids as crazy as Bro. Josh ? lol

Rebekah Doran said...

I LOVED going out with just Grandma. It was great.

Rachel-can't your landlord fix it?

Jenna-lol that's sounds like a tipical guy, sit in the coffee shop until the girls are done. hee hee

I don't think they are AS CRAZY as Bro. Josh. That side of them is still to surface, although some do LOVE to talk. :)

Rebekah Doran said...

The garage is attached. So we are just making bigger living space.

your inbox? was I suppose to write you?

Rachel said...

Sis. Rebekah, we have our own washer and dryer, the landlord just provided the hookups. So we're on our own. Oh well!

Breaker 1-9! I just got that! "Rubber duck, we got ourselves a convoy!"

Ok, feeling silly now...

Hershey Bar said...

Crickets? I guess you still can't get away from the wild pets. Can I get you to email the receipe for your baked spagetti? Faith just "lubs" it too, she couldn't stop talking about it on myspace.

Rebekah Doran said...

Rachel- That's a bummer. We'll have to pray that you'll get a good machine before the baby comes! Glad somebody got the "joke" :P

Jaclyn-LOL I guess not!

Meg-Oh, ok. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an e-mail or something. :)

Vicki Smith said...

The Davis's sure do make gorgeous kids!

A remodel project. Fun. *giggling* No, really. I LOVE dreaming up how to decorate, how to arrange furniture, and how to design a new space in the most efficient way. The measurements for you space sound very workable. Neat! Are you planning on starting right away? When do you plan to be finished? By November 1? HA! *kidding*

Rebekah Doran said...

They sure do! And they are GOOD kids too!

We don't have anything set, but We would like to have the garage floor in and the garage all closed up and able to "live" in before it gets too cold. That way we can work on the inside as time and money premits. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought Hope was Faith when I first saw that picture.She is so cute.
Andrew sure is looking more like Tanner. I miss all those kids in MT.They are all getting big. we have not been gone a yr yet, and they look so much older. Thanks for all the pictures you are putting on.You know I love them.

~Amy said...

That girls' day did sound like a lot of fun.

Cute kids.