The past couple days Melissa and I have been helping Derrick sell the old-time photos we took a few weeks ago. We were at the church from 10am to 9pm. Long days, but great fun! Seeing all those pictures was SO FUN! Having it black and white with a little color was soooo PRETTY or handsome! Wow, what a great idea. Melissa and I learned the sales pitch pretty good. It wasn’t too hard really to sell since the pictures were SO GOOD. There really is no other place that takes professional pictures around here (expect WalMart, but I would debate about how professional they really are. Here anyway they are not very good.) I think most people decided that they are using the pictures for Christmas presents this year! *smile* This one lady really blessed me yesterday. We will call her Jill (not her real name) Jill was picking out her pictures when another lady we will call Sue came in. Sue wanted to so bad to buy some pictures, but the money she had saved for them she had to spend that day to fix her car. She was really disappointed but what could she do? So I gave her her $10 picture and went to help someone else. I come back in a few minutes and she was still there. I said smiling “You’re still here!” That is when I found out that Jill offered to buy a package for Sue. I wanted to cry. Come to find out that Jill was a Christian and felt the unction from the Lord to buy Sue a pack, and so she did. The kids and Daddy have survived the two days without Mommy. Thankfully, the Lord worked it out that Jacob did have any stories to cover on Monday or Tuesday. So he had the kids all to himself. They did good. Moriah did pull a TV table down on her face and got a fat lip from it, but nothing with scars. That’s always good. *smile* Tonight I think Mr. Derrick is staying the night at our house. I guess the company only pays for rooms when he comes to take the pictures. He has been staying the last two nights at Josh and Debbie’s house and then tonight at our house. Save him $150 or so.Theses next couple days I need to get ready for our Minister’s convention trip we are making. We leave EARLY Friday morning for our 7 hr or so drive. So I’m going to be packing a cleaning the van these next couple days. The boys need a haircut too. Well I should go and make a list of all I need to do so I don’t forget anything. Jacob is out covering the two stories he had to cover for this week and then he will be writing, writing, and writing some more. Hopefully he will get it all done before we leave and not have to write while we are gone. Here is a picture Daddy took of Moriah, while we were out taking pictures of the fall colors a few weeks ago.
4 comments:
Moriah is so adorable! What a blessing for "Sue" to have "Jill" buy a photo package for her.
Cute, very triangle hat.
Pam Clawson- Yes, he goes where ever they want him. In fact I'm hoping some Alaskan people would like for him to come up (hint, hint) :) I can get you his name and phone number if you would like. You guys would really like him and it is a GREAT way to raise money.
Sis Pam
Here is Derek's number and e-mail
423-715-4286
distinctphoto@hotmail.com
Let me know if they don't work.
Post a Comment