Today was our one play practice for our Thanksgiving program. I got to watch it because I was helping to wrangle all 22 kids. Whipping them into line is what I do best! JK! It is going to be really cute! I'll have to be sure we bring our camera so that I can post a few pictures. *smile* We (the church) decided to have Men's ABM service tonight also, since all the families would be having to drive into CFalls anyway. Jacob volunteered our house. So today was full of cleaning, cooking and baking gingerbread men. The kids liked that and gauging by what was left on the cookie tray, the MEN liked the gingerbread men too!
Tomorrow the Davis invited us to their house to play games. The kids are all excited about that. They all play together so well.
Elijah asked me today "Mom, what would happen to us if we didn't have a Mom to feed us?" I responded "Son, you’d be in a world of hurt." lol Is that the only reason my kids love me? Because I feed them? ....... I should give Elijah's sayings a special title. Anybody got any good ideas?
Here is something for your viewing pleasure. I found this in a National Geographic and thought that my brothers would get a kick out of it. Sorry if it doesn't agree with a few stomachs. This beetle was titled "Alien Samarai" beetle. I looked it up and that is not its real name, but it is a real beetle. I thought that it was pretty cool myself. Amazed that God made something that looked like a mix between an alien and a samarai made me laugh for days. What do you think of it? (Micah,Isaiah, this is an easy one to comment on! hint, hint) *grin*


8 comments:
That is one funny looking beetle!
Creepy, I think I see the Asian it! It could grow on you, some things are just so "pugly" their kinda cute.
Wow... that's an interesting beetle.. not sure what to say about that one.. except that he'd be totally freaky if he was 8 feet tall.. but I can definitely see where it gets its nickname.
~AKCameraGuy~
"whipping them into line" is what you do best huh? I should sent Isaiah over. :)
Totally freaky would be un understatement! 8 ft yikes!
Yeah, Megan, I guess that is true. It is a good thing they like my food then. :) I think your right, wee one wouldn't work. hmmmmm....wise words sounds promising.
You know, Bekah, your brothers are almost as creepy as the beetle.
As the President of NARR (or the Vice--still haven't figured that out yet), I commend you on your prompt posting. If you get another one in before Sunday you'll receive a special merit badge for your sash. It's a little patch with a picture of a girl at a computer with zombie eyes and four starving children tugging at her skirt.
Look forward to seeing pictures of the Thanksgiving play. 22 kids. I can't imagine! You could almost fill the Mayflower!!!
LOL You guys make me laugh.
You know Becki, at the practice the kids were asked what the name of the ship was that brought the pilgrims over. The answer..."the cauliflower!"
These poor homeschooled kids! *shaking head*
That definitely looks like a samurai. Very weird.
Ha!! the cauliflower!!! Kids say the funniest things, don't they? tee hee
Post a Comment