Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New lawnmower lesson

We got a new lawnmower! The from last year gave out and so we have been saving money to get another one this sping. We got a self propelled one with a bag on it. We are excited to have a nice one for the first time since being married. (We've never had to mow a lawn until moving into this house.) So Jacob was all excited to use it last night. Needless to say the grass had grown VERY long while waiting to find the time to go and pick one up etc. Anyway, the kids and I picked up the toys we could find and Jacob started mowing. Next thing I heard, Jacob had mowed over a ball. Opps, missed that one in the very tall grass. Well, Jacob turns it over to get the ball out (it was a very hard plastic ball) Success! the ball is off the blade and in the trash. Jacob trys to start the mower again and all there is is smoke. ??? Did we ruin it already? Didn't even get to mow the lawn yet! Ended up calling Uncle David. LOL Come to find out your not suppose to turn the lawnmower upsidedown. We had oil EVERYWHERE in the engine, thus the smoke and it not wanting to start. Well, Uncle David ended up coming over and helped Jacob clean up the mess and got it running again. Then Josh came over to get some gas and ended up coming back with his riding lawnmower and helping Jacob get the front and back mowed before dark. THANK YOU JOSH! (if your reading this) So now we all know, DON'T turn a lawnmower upside down! lol

Yesterday we also went to clean the church. Then my sweet husband said that he would clean it all so that I could transpose a song on the piano and practice. I thought that was real nice of him!

Well, I'm off to rake up the grass cuttings to save for a smoothie! *joke* And do some front yard work while it is nice out.

4 comments:

cokelady said...

Ha! Only a moron would turn a lawn mower upside down!!! And yes, I'm sure I'd fall into that category right along side of you. ;-) Thanks for learning that one before I did.

Katie said...

beautiful babies, beautiful tulips! God Bless you today! Tell all hello, sis katie.

Kasey said...

:) Alteast you know now! :P I mowed for my parents off and on growing up, but I really got a hands on lesson when I started helping my hubby mow for his LAWN BUSINESS :p....boy oh boy..that can be hard work!

Rebekah Doran said...

Megan-Good for her. I have yet to start one myself.

Becki-Oh, you are welcome. I figured your life was exciting enough with snakes and blue paint, that I'd spare you a mess of oil. :)

Sis. Katie- Thanks!

Kasey-Yep, know we know. I'm sure a lawn business would be hard work!