Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sweet Sleep

Here is Moriah and Daddy taking a nap on a Sunday afternoon.

Well, today I got Josiah all packed and ready for AK and started on Elijah's clothes. (Had to switch clothes size out on both of them.) Jacob was gone all day down at the West Shore doing interviews and attending meetings. (Boring! I'm glad that he is the reporter and I'm the Mommy!) The kids and I had a good day. I have a cousin visiting her parents here and they [her kids and her and sister(Debbie) and Debbie's kids] walked around the circle here and stopped by here. It was nice to see them all and chat a few mins. After they left I was walking back to the porch from the gate a sharp pain shot up from my toe. I turned to see what it was, nothing. Limping in to the house I sat down to examine my toe. No piece of glass or sticker. As I write this, I still have no idea what it was. ??? It is still a little tinder, but not bad at all. Jacob says that's what I get for walking barefoot outside. :P Anyway,....Moriah turned over today for the first time! She went from her back to her stomach twice today. Once for me and once for Jacob. Exciting, exciting!

Alana too, had quite the expericence today also! I was in the boys bedroom sorting clothes when I here this blood curdling scream. I head for the backyard expecting to find some major injury (ie blood, broken bones etc) I open the door to see Alana standing there, tears streaming down her face. I quickly "scan" her for injuries, no blood, I don't even see a bump. ??? "What's wrong?" I ask. Elijah walks up and says "She had a spider on her." "Where is it?" "Out there." Poor girl, she was literly shaking! Later I told Elijah NOT TO TELL her if she has a spider on her, just tell her to stand still and then go and flick it off of her. *shaking head* Alana suvived though and was back outside playing in a few minutes. Well, that's it from the Doran house tonight. Sleep well and have sweet dreams!

13 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I hope that Alana had sweet dreams and not nightmares after her run in with the spider. Poor baby!

Great pic of Jacob and Moriah.

Rebekah Doran said...

Alana slept fine last night with no bad dreams. :)

Rebekah Doran said...

Ewwww, I'm glad that we are up here insted of down here!

cokelady said...

Kids always provide such good blog material, don't they?! The picture is too cute, and Alana's spider story is hilarious. Wimpy girls crack me up! (I've got one of those around my house, too!)

Rebekah Doran said...

Yeah, what would we do without our kids. I believe God made them so fun and funny so that we would keep them around! *smile*

Katie said...

Amen...Kids are a prescious gift from the Lord. I enjoy reading ALL of your stories about your kids...takes me back a few years...hee hee....quite a few!

Rebekah Doran said...

*smile*

Thank you Sister Katie.

Anonymous said...

I about screamed hearing about the spider!
Kasey is absolutely right,we have the worst spider problem in TN. They are everywhere!!
I am not scared of them, I just don't like the things!lol!
Spiders and snakes.
I have opened my door and happen to look down and see a HUGE snake at my feet.
Talking about "Shouting Time", there was some shouting going on!
I don't care if it was a harmless snake, it was huge and didn't leave when I asked it too!
Your children are beautiful.
We were in BTI together when you were carrying your first child.

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:17:52 PM

Rebekah Doran said...

Sister Sutton! I remember you and your husband! You found our blog! wow. I'm not scared of snakes or spiders either, I just don't like them. I'm glad that it was you and not me that had that snake at one's feet! Yuk!

I think we were at BTI together but I know I wasn't pregnant...anyway, good to "talk" to you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I remember now, it was 3rd term and it was Sis. Libby and Sis. Michelle who where expecting.
I almost think you weren't married yet. Matthew was with you.
Oops! I goofed!LoL!

Rebekah Doran said...

Your right, I wasn't married yet. LOL That's how I knew I wasn't pregnant! :)

Anonymous said...

Oops!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Advanced pilates dvd reviews Lansing hair removal Propecia falling Laser therapy quit smoking Cerchiamo traduttori freelance Victoria secret angel credit card water filter rating Live forex male model hair removal Quelle blumen und schenken