Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Dryer Saga Continues

I only thought the dryer was working. An hour later when I went to get the clothes out, I realized there was no heat. :( Grandpa came and checked it out and said it was ready for the dump. I (we) are now the proud owners of a new dryer. It's white, it's beautiful (as far as dryers go) and it is QUIET! *contented sigh* I can now hear myself think while my clothes are drying. :)

This week was a beautiful week. No rain or hard wind, just sun and a slight breeze. Perfect time to get those last little jobs done outside before winter! Like pick the last of my plums. Grandpa came over and helped put tin on the camper, earlier this week. I also put some missed screws on our roof and painted some areas on the roof trim that was overlooked. There is also now a door on the old tin shed made from a tarp and some screws. lol yeah, I can just imagine the guys laughing when they see my handywork. Oh well, if it will bring a smile to a face then, it's all good. :) I also filled in some of the holes on that old roof with some silicone (sp?). (Elijah and Alana were "helping" me when I was up there and resulted in a torn jumper on Alana.) Now that I have more things in the tin shed, I was hoping to keep it a little more dry in there. So we'll see how good a job I did when it rains next. The day I did all this was one of Jacob's long days that he leaves in the morning and isn't back until after bedtime.

After caring for the kids through the weekend and Jacob's busy days. (Monday we ALL went with him to a presentation as he had hardly any sleep and needed a driver for the hr drive to Bid Arm.) Anyway, Jacob being the sweet husband he is, watches the kids for a few hours so I can go do whatever I want. That usually means going to one of my stores and finding nice things for free or very cheap. This time I found two sets of cowboy twin sheets with pillow cases, Bob the builder crib sheet set(flat and fitted), 3 girly crib sheets (both my girls use crib mattresses), two nice boy shirts for Elijah. (One had a salamander on it.) and a purple very girly pillow case- all for $10. I was very happy and so were all my kids.

I think Elijah really likes his dad. He told Grandma that when he grew up he wanted to be a Dad. *smile* He went on the say "Not the kind that writes but the kind that builds houses." Elijah also told me this week while I was cutting his hair that "He has alot of hair because he is not a Dad yet." LOL! I laughed and laughed. (not in front of him of course!) Jacob didn't find as much humor in it as I did when I told him later on that night. lol

I think that about wraps it up for now. Have a great rest of your Sunday and a just as wonderful week.


I have a little blong Jew at my house. He shows up after dinner. :)

Josiah bowl

10 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Josiah is a cute blonde Jew. ~smile~ I am so looking forward to seeing all of you in a couple days. What's the weather supposed to be like? I think that Jeremy is coming with us on this time.

The Middle J said...

Those kids are so adorable. Josiah does make one cute Jew but then he'd be a cute anything :D

Anonymous said...

I liked the story of Elijah and the hair remark. Made me laugh also. Kids can say just the cutest things.

cokelady said...

Ha! Your kids are so great! And I have no idea how you manage four kids and still manage to do all of those crazy things you do. Pointers, please?!?!?

Rachel said...

Thanks for your comments! Maternity shirts sure would be appreciated, but you're so little, I'm not sure they'd fit me! What's the size? You're so sweet to offer!

Rachel said...

Oh and I can't WAIT until I can report all the goofy things my baby is gonna spout. No telling what with the parents she's got!

Vicki Smith said...

Great pictures. What cute kids! And funny. :-) It seems kids from the Colorado Springs church from several years ago were under the impression you had to be relatively bald in order to be called into the ministry. Consider all the hair challenged ministers that came out of there:
Stephen Smith
Ray Adams
Johnny Furlong
Jay Doran
Harvey Anders
Rob Montgomery
Scott Bambrough
. . . who have I forgotten?
(BTW, how come Jonathan has hair, I wonder?)

Momma Tammi said...

You forgot Brother Keven Lewis in the follicly challenged. Chris Clarkson joins Brother Jon in having hair too.

Hershey Bar said...

Cutie pies...
and I love the blue!

Rebekah Doran said...

Becki, you need no pointers. You get as much if not more (alot more) done than me!

Yeah, I heard about that minister lose of hair thing in CO. lol!

LOL Lyndi, that's too funny. I would want to hurt my husband too. JK