http://daveandmelissa4.blogspot.com/
As far as for things here, our garage door is gone and is now ready for a HUGE window to be put in, I'm guessing Monday. There is also a hole in our concrete for the new plumping to go through and meet up with the exsiting plumping. Elijah thought that he was just going to die while I made him finish his school day before going out and joining the "men". It was a "boy's heaven" out there with all the dirt, saw dust and small pieces of wood to be played with. Here is Elijah making a chair.

"Gotta test it to make sure is works."


7 comments:
What fun Elijah must have had! I actually did things like that with my Grandpa. I haven't always been a girly girl. ~grin~
It's so great how even LITTLE boys have that inner drive to be a MAN and do what MEN are supposed to do. Who wants to be inside with the girls, sitting with a book in your lap when there are things to stack and hammer out in the garage?!
How exciting that the work is well under way out there, Bekah! Wa-Hoo!!! You'll have that extra living space all spruced up and ready to go in no time. ;-)
Meg - *grin* I can just picture that in my mind "carrying hammers that weighed more than they did." what fun for them. :)
MT - He had a blast! I haven't always been a girly girl either. (Although I have ALWAYS loved pink) My grandpa came to AK to help build the church up there and he says to this day that I was the best helper he had. I think I was ten.
Becki - I'm soo thankful that it is Josh and his Dad that are helping us remold. Someone I TRUST Elijah to be around and be a "man". And I also know they don't have a problem telling Elijah what he can and can't do. Yep, we'll be needed that extra living space before you know it. :)
when i was little, i was jealous that my brothers and cousin matt got to do all the "man stuff" with papa in his workshop, so i was excited when one summer i got to go stay with granny and papa all by myself, and papa let me build a birdhouse and a bed for my barbie dolls. :) and i can never forget the day i was given my own hammer!
I'm sure you are sooo ready for this. What great news. I feel like saying "Congratulations" because it's such an exciting event, so .... "Congratulations."
:-)
The picture of the Elijah is so great. I'm noticing Jackson already wanting to do such things, but the problem is that Anthony won't be able to help him learn anything that has anything to do with hammers and nails. Oh, well, maybe we can get our pastor over when the time's right to show Jackson a thing or two. :-) tee hee
Honey, if you read this, I'm not meaning anything derogatory at all. *wink*
Thanks!
Do you know how to hammer etc? You could teach him. That's what I'll do with my kids. We will probably learn alot together. :)
Elijah can you build a chair like that for Isaiah?
Post a Comment