Before I get into the "extra chores", I give everyone update on the water situation. Becki, you are going to be disapointed. We haven't had the water turned of once yet! I'm wondering if that means today will be the day or if Friday or both. I'll let you know when it does happen though and how it goes.
Last week Elijah and Alana knocked a few of the 1x4 off the front of our fence, leaving holes that little kids could escape through. (It can be easily fixed, just nail them back up, thankfully.) This wasn't the first time that Elijah has "broken" a fence this year, he messed up my garden fence a month ago. So now Elijah and Alana are both on restriction for a week. That means no kids shows that Jacob has on the computer for them (they don't watch them but a few times a week anyway, but that means they REALLY like to watch them when they do.) and no computer games. Jacob found one for Elijah's age that he really likes. He usually only plays it on Saturday but it is like his most favorite thing in the world to do nowadays. AND they both have to do an extra chore everyday this week.
So far they have mopped my kitchen floor and washed my couch down. Since we didn't get to do an extra chore yesterday because of church, we will do two today. I think I will let them wash out our four little trash cans and help me clean the inside of the refridgerator. While they are doing their chores I go over the difference of constructive (using your energy to do good, useful things) and destructive (using your energy to do bad, hurtful things such as breaking things up). When I asked them Tuesday night what contructive means, to see if they were learning anything, Alana pipes up "Cleaning!" *grin* I guess that is partway right. lol
Well, it is time to start school, so I best be getting off here.
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


1 comment:
Wow--what a great Mom you are! So creative. I'd just beat the tar outta my kids and they wouldn't have really LEARNED anything. (Ha! Just kidding!) Really--good training going on there, lady. :-)
Post a Comment