Elijah and Alana went to the dentist yesterday. Went pretty good. Elijah has one tooth left to go now, that one needs to be pulled to make room for the crooked one to hopefully have room enough to turn so no braces will be needed in the future.
Since we were already in town, the kids and I spent the rest of the day in town. The day was tiring but good.
I don't think I have posted about Elijah getting up with an alarm clock now. He takes after his dad and does not require near as much sleep as the rest of us. I use to get up with him at 6:30 (if he gets up any later then that, he doesn't want to go to sleep at night!) but couldn't take it anymore. I then got the idea to set an alarm and let him get up by himself. (Jacob is always up before 6:30.) So now he gets himself up, writes his spelling words, does a writing page and a seatwork page (phonics). He gets done about the time Alana gets up and they play for a little before the rest of us get up. Then we all eat breakfast together etc.
We've had a couple of really nice warm days. I've packed away the boots and got out the sandles. Now I'm in the process of packing away the winter coats and getting out the summer jackets. lol It has taken me a few days to get it all done, but I'm hoping today will be my last day of it.
30 days of school left and Elijah will be done fo the summer!!! I can't wait. :D
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


1 comment:
Spring has truly come to you!
Spring is only a dream yet for us. Yesterday morning when I got up, it was zero degrees and the wind was blowing. Even by lunch, we couldn't let the school children play outdoors for recess because the chill factor was 20 below. That is not a safe temp for children to be out in for very long. Ernie and I are still wearing our snow pants and snow gear. Maybe it will turn summer while we are out on vacation in June, do you suppose? lol
It warms up one day and then very cold the next day. So now we have ice from the warm days melting, and the cold days freezing it back again. I've seen people slipping today. . . not a nice thing. I should wear my ice cleats again tomorrow... the last thing I want to do is fall.
Post a Comment