Sunday, July 26, 2009

Canning Cherries

Mom got the kids together one day and got them all picking cherries. Her and I canned some that night. Today I did another batch. Now I have enough to do something once a month with them over the next yr. I'm happy.

This was my first time canning cherries and the first time I had a jar break on me in the canner. I'll have to ask my Aunt who has canned tons of fruit etc why she thinks that happened.

Now the next thing I want to do is make FRESH cherry pie! That is SOOO good. :D


3 comments:

connie said...

Yeah, Bek!
That was fun.
I'm here in my dorm room. Tell Mom and Dad that I made it fine.

Vicki Smith said...

Hi, Bekah. Congratulations on your canning adventure. How neat! Maybe when I grow up I'll start doing such things. ;-)
I've enjoyed being with your Uncle Dave and Debbie and Josh this weekend. What a nice surprise to meet up with them at the Convention in Idaho! It's been such a blessing to have them here.

Jessa Stephens said...

Fun!!!