It ended up being a bigger job then I was expecting, but I was blessed to have alot of good help that I wasn't counting on. Sara (Isaiah' girlfriend), Jacob Grant, Nicki, Tony, (Isaiah's friends) and of course the man himself - Isaiah! We washed everything down, then Zay took the doors off and we all started painting. It took a few days and nights, but we got it done!!! Now mom had a nice brighter kitchen to come home to after a long day at school.
Before...

After. For those of you who do not know, my Mom's all time favorite color is blue. So it was no surprise what color we ended up painting it. :)


After. For those of you who do not know, my Mom's all time favorite color is blue. So it was no surprise what color we ended up painting it. :)

While Mom was down here she bought some new handles to put on the doors. That is why they are handless in these pictures.

Before. Isaiah was kind enough to offer to finish Mom's kitchen and cover the gap at the top of the walls. He did a really good job.

After. I put up a border under the board Isaiah put up to give it a more finished look.


Before. Isaiah was kind enough to offer to finish Mom's kitchen and cover the gap at the top of the walls. He did a really good job.

After. I put up a border under the board Isaiah put up to give it a more finished look.

Here is a close up of the wallpaper border. The best part about this boarder is that I found it at a thrift store in MT for 50 cents a package. So for $1 Mom now has pretty BLUE border! :D

Boys, do you remember how ugly this chair was? Mom mentioned painting it to match the kitchen and I thought that was a great idea. So we painted it the darkest blue and then I stenciled on the lightest blue flowers. It looks 100 times better.

Mom also said that she would like the step stool to match. It was a tan ugly color, now it is dark blue with flowers too!



10 comments:
Wow! What a transformation...you all did a great job. I'm sure your mom is enjoying cooking in her 'new' kitchen.
WOW! It looks GREAT!!! So bright and cheery. :-) Love to cook in a bright, cheery kitchen. What a change! You got a LOT of work done in that house in a little bit of time--what a great daughter you are!
THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!! i LOVE it!!!
It's so bright and cheery now! The chair, stepstool.. everything.. I can't wait to come over for Thanksgiving and get cooking in such a pretty kitchen. :)
VERY PRETTY!!! It looks so fresh and perky. :-D Probably the food will taste even better coming out of a cheery kitchen like that.
Wow!!! It's looks so much brighter!!!! You guys did great!!! I bet she was REALLY happy with it!!!!!!!!!!
That looks so great!! It is so nice and bright now! I love the chair and stool too! What a great idea!
Love it. Fresh and new. It's amazing how it will make her feel as she's in it.
WOW!!! Its very Sis Connie- I LOVE IT!!!
Thank you, everyone!
I can barely wait to get back home to feel what it will be like. We left to come down to Montana right after it got painted, so we haven't even got to try it out. But another week or so and we get to be back home.
Oh, dear, I forgot. I need to buy a new curtain for the window. Oh, dear.
That looks so pretty!
Post a Comment