Thursday, July 23, 2009

Family Camp and PICUTRES!

We had a wonderful family camp this year. My kids were a yr older and I could tell. The boys were able to say with there dad and I had the girls. No more family cabin for us!

The kids really enjoyed camp. It was SO GREAT to have Dave and Mel there along with their kids. Sis. Karen, Mandie and Caleb were also there, it was great having them all there!

Since 4 of my kids were in the little kid classes, I was able to help Sis. Melissa out with the little kid class. Keeping them all on task etc. It was fun.

Jacob helped with the older kids classes which had Elijah and Ernie. From what I can tell everyone enjoyed themselves.

Jacob was also the kid evangelist this yr. The kids just loved him and all his animations. :D Since all my kids went to that service, I was there too to help Sis. Debbie keep the kids behaving themselves in church. That can be a full time job for two adults with so many little ones and a few ornery boys! lol Since I was with the kid church, I didn't get to get in on the teens and adult services, but I hear they were really good.

The last full day of camp, Alana got sick. So her and I missed out on the very neat banquet. they had black light up, so anyone where white glowed. I would have love to have seen it all but such is a life of a mother. We weren't sure if Alana just got to hot or if she had a bug. She threw up 4 times that afternoon/evening and then once in the morning. But THANKFULLY she had no problems on the drive home! But back to the banquet night, I was very thankful for another mother who felt sorry for me and brought me some food to the cabin (your a great friend Mandie!) and my own mom who brought me dessert later on!

The last day we had a baptism. Two from our church were baptized, a teen girl and an 8 yr old boy. It was such a blessing to watch them along with all the others get baptized.

The drive home was uneventful for all of us here in the valley, for which we are all thankful for!...

I got my last load of camp laundry done today! yah!

I haven't got to see any of the camp pictures from this yr. So I'm going to put up some from last yr that never got posted.

No comments: