Saturday, April 15, 2006

Havre pictures Part 2

Good evening! How's all your Saturday been? Becki, I know your having a blast with you family all there. Make sure you get your mom to show you how to do those pictures, if not, let me know, and I'll e-mail a "How to" e-mail. *smile*

We started off our morning at 9:20. Yeah, my kids actually slept that late. Must be because it is overcast. Well, we had the kids all dressed and in the van with a piece of toast in hand by 9:50, and we were off to the Vet's Home. Twice a month we go and sing hymns with them and they all enjoy seeing the little kids and talking with them. Elijah wanted bacon, so for lunch we had bacon and rice pancakes with OJ. Then to nap with Josiah and chores for Elijah and Alana. Alana puts the silverware away and Elijah puts all the dishes up on the counter, bowls with bowls, plates with plate, etc. Then they take out the little trash in the bathroom and kitchen and spot mop the floor and they are done. Then it is their favorite time. CANDY! If they done their chores without playing etc and with a good attitude then they get a couple pieces of candy. It works wonders! It is great to hear them say, "Can I do my chores now?" *big smile* Now they are outside and the younger two are sleeping.

Gram took the muskox ribs out of her freezer that Matthew, my brother, shot this last year with a bow. She gave it to me to cook, so I BBQ it. Ohhh, my goodness, was it ever good! That is like my all time favorite meat now. (Jacob said it was really good but still has the favorite of seal.)

The stores had strawberries on sale this week, so I got some and the kids and I enjoyed some chocolate covered strawberries. (I had an old chocolate Rudolph that I was wanting to get rid of.) The kids just thought that was so neat and tasty!

Been trying to excersize, it helps that Elijah and Alana LOVE to do it with me. We must be a sight... all of us laying on the floor with our legs on the couch and trying to do partial sit-ups. hee, hee, hee.

Jacob ment a midwive that lives in the West Shore and did a story on her. She was missionary to Napal. Anyway, she came to our house on Wednesday and we visited for a long time. She is a neat lady.

Last night was our Easter play. It was soo cute. Of course when you have cute kids, anything they do is cute. One funny blooper though, my Aunt (the director), when to play her tape for the kids to sing with and on comes Chris Rice's new CD the prelude part. For those of you who have heard that, would get a kick out of it. My Aunt was so embarrassed but it did break the tention and the rest of the even went great.

For those of you who have been to my house, I put my starters for the garden ontop of my waterheater with a growlight shinning on them and they are doing great. Hope they keep doing great until planting time.

Mandie, I thought that you would like that picture of Josiah and Remmy. I am half tempted to get a dog after seeing Josiah with Remmy, but only half tempted. A ramen recipe web site? hmmm uncooked ramen dipped in chocolate does not sound good at all.

Sis. Katie, thanks for commenting on my blog! You have a special place in my heart too. Love you!

Ok, here are the rest of the pictures from Havre.


Bro Caleb showed Elijah what wonderful things happen when you bang a cattail on a picnic table. Then of course Elijah had to try it out!


cattails1


Like son, like Father...wait a min! Isn't that suppose to be the other way around? *grin*

cattails2

cattails3


Bro. Caleb kindly took a few pictures of the two of us.

us1



us2


That's it for now! Hope that you all have a GREAT Easter! We will as we are going to be all (the whole church minus Dave and Mel, (they are in Havre) will be at Grandpa and Grandma Jenkins.

7 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

Yep, Elijah has grown quite a bit.

Thanks for the compliment! I was glad to get a few pictures of the two of us too. How did the carrot stuff turn out?

Katie said...

I am so glad to know how to blog. Keeps us in touch. The pictures are great. Love and prayers, sis katie.

Anonymous said...

where am I!?!?

Rebekah Doran said...

I am soooo sorry! We didn't get any of you this last trip. I know I wanted too but...We'll have to try again next time. So sorry! :(

cokelady said...

Wow, you covered a lot of ground in this post! Let's see if I can remember what all you said...

Mom talked me through how to post pictures and I intend to do so in the very near future. (If I have any trouble, I'll call you! -- Hey, you might actually get a phone call from me that way! WHOA!)

Your kids sound terrific. Inspires me to want to get a little more regular with the chores around here -- my kid-o's help a lot, but it's pretty sporatic!

Musk ox? Weird. But I can tell you now, I'd be willing to eat a whole one before I'd try a seal! THAT'S JUST WRONG!!!

Strawberries. Mmmmmm! They were on sale here, too. Tammy came over and helped me make jam. Makes me so happy!

I really do think your kids ought to have a dog. It's pretty cruel and heartless of a parent to deprive their children of the joy of growing up with their very own dog. (Does the guilt push you over the edge?)

Oh, and the pictures are GREAT -- all of them!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Does lexapro help ibs Capacity management training Phoenix bond issues Pottery barn area rugs on ebay Didrex cod accepted towing a ford f150 roulette online

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! travel insurance protection Transfer case problems jeep Life insurance north dakota Horizon fitness t805 treadmill online forex trading online games Free online golf handicap Naples bextra attorney kitchen islands web hosting 98 infiniti 130t Fioricet generic fioicet Cadillac sixteen picture Incompany training in psychology of management uk tatoo removal