Oh what a day! It hasn't been a bad day, just busy. :) I've started potty training Josiah this week. He is doing pretty good with this being his first week. I'm hoping to have him potty trained by the time we go to Alaska for a visit. Yep! That's right! We are all going to Alaska!!!!!!!!! YAH!!!!!!! I'm so excited to get to see and visit with family and friends up there! *big smile* It has been two years since last visit and two kids later. lol We will be leaving here the 18th of May. May is going to be a busy month for us. Next weekend is our district convention and Jacob's and my 6th anniversary. Then a week and a half later, we're outa here! Can't wait to see you Mojin girls and your kids! Anyway...
Today Gram came over and helped defrost my freezer. It was getting pretty bad especially since my door wasn't closing properly, but its all good now. Also finished sorting through all the girl stuff I have and packing it away. I can actually find all their shoes now! Also switched from winter clothes to summer clothes, so now their dressers aren't so full from having both in. I cooked ham and mashed potatoes for supper and got lasagna all ready to be put in the oven tomorrow for lunch when the Kauffmans come over after church. (They live 40 away from church so sometimes they come to our house to avoid the long drive.)
All my "men" got haircuts yesterday. They sure look sharp. :) I'm so glad my dad taught me how to cut a little before I was married. It helps in saving money.
This week was also my BTI service. We talked about restoration. I thought it went pretty good. No one fell asleep on me and the kids were pretty good this time. :) Let's see, what else? Mmmmm oh, Jacob and I got lifeinsurance this week. Now if Jacob dies, I get to PARTY! No, not really, but our house will be paid off. That's always a good thing. With Jacob's dad's death, it really made us think about what would happend if one of us were to die, thus life insurance, next project-a will. Anybody want 4 kids with an age range of 5 yrs? Let us know!
Moriah is so much fun for all of us! I think that she get more love and attention than any baby I know. Even Josiah gives her so much attention. They all get a big smile on their face when she smiles at them, and of course have to me about it! She even makes a good play toy. ( not really!) The other day I heard Elijah giggling. (His giggle and laugh is very contagious, and bring smiles to anyone's face who hears it.) I look over to see Moriah with a pillow on her back and Elijah just laughing. "Look Mom!" he says, "She's a turtle!" Thankfully the "turtle's" head was still out of it's shell. All was well. :)
Well, I better head off to bed, now that the food is ready and my kitchen is once again clean. I have pictures of my brothers to post. How many days do you bet it will take me to do that?! Life with kids and husband is fun, but I deffinately don't get thing done as fast as I use too. Oh, well. As one man in Aurora use to say "It's all good"
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


6 comments:
We love your kids, so we'll take them unless you want someone younger for the job. Besides, didn't my husband try to talk you out of Alana or Moriah? He's always wanted daughters and I've raised two sons....
Anyway...have a wonderful day today.
So you packed away all your winter clothes and took out summer clothes?
Well, what in the world are you going to wear to Alaska? Have you been away so long that you forgot how Alaska is in May? It probably won't even breakup until you are here!
My, my.
-Mom
Alright! We got one taker! :) Yeah, your husband did try to talk us out of Alana, but Daddy would miss her too much.
Oh, yeah...I guess it will still be cold in AK. Opps. I still haven't packed the boys away yet!
Oh yeah, it was Alana's big brown eyes that stole his heart. I'm sure her daddy would miss her, as would the entire family, she is precious, but all of your kids are very precious and they have such great personalities, all are totally different. Alana is absolutely beautiful inside and out. I love that shy look of Josiah's, that "all boy sense of adventure" in Elijah and of course, Moriah is just too adorable for words.
Well, thank you! that was real nice of you to say those things.
Cool Pictures. Isiah is the same as BTI from 2 years ago. Good to see him though.
Sounds like your hands are full, but what fun that fullness is.
Post a Comment