Bro. Jacob writes:
Ok, It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here, so I’ll try to make this count.
First of all, I really miss all of my friends from the Wisconsin region. If any of you read this blog, I just want you to know, I’ve been thinking about you a lot and missing the wonderful times of fellowship and laughter that we shared.
I still think about Joe, almost every day. I had a really hard time with his death (and I wasn’t even family). I can’t imagine what those of you who are family or who spent time with him every week must have felt. I know that Joe was far from perfect, but he was a friend. Sometimes, Joe did things that grieved me in my soul, and I let him know so more than a few occasions, as many of you recall. That’s what friends do. No, like the old commercial says, friends don’t let friends drink and drive (not that Joe ever tried to do that), but more importantly, friends don’t stand idly by and do nothing while their friends endanger their souls. Joe understood that I wouldn’t have been his friend if I said nothing at all. I loved him, and it was like loosing a brother, when he died. I only wish I'd been more of a brother to him after we moved to Montana and talked to him more often. I will always miss our long talks.
Still, all of you are like family to me. Addie (my long lost Athsmatic sister), Joleesa, Jenna (at least you don't have to worry about me being over-protective of you now), Jessa, Bro. & Sis. Nowling, Sister Morgan and the rest of the Morgan Clan (what games and laughs we've shared in that home), Brother & Sister Aviles, the Cozeys and of course Christy and Laticia (you two are great). I miss you all so very much. You can’t spend as much time together as we did and not miss each other when you’re not able to be together anymore. Thanks for all the adventures and the memories that go with them!
(Thank you, Addie and Cathy for the Christmas/New Year’s message that you left on my cell-phone. It really made me smile. I love you guys.)
Yes, Montana is beautiful and there are a lot of things we’ve gotten to do since we’ve been here, but mountains and adventure can never take the place of one’s friends. We miss you. You are all welcome to come and see us any time, and we’ll make sure that it will be an experience you will never forget. PLEEEESE come and see us!
To my family from Alaska, I can’t wait to see you guys again. Hopefully, it will work out for us to go to AK for a week (and hopefully you’ll all be there, when we do.) I miss you guys a bunch, too. Micah, you dog, I envy you. I can’t believe you’re staying in Yorktown, Virginia! You know how much I want to go there. I dare say that if it were me, I wouldn’t leave there until I’d frequented every historic location in the county—some of you reading know that I’m a big history buff. I’m still planning on renting jet skis, this summer for a trip to Wild Horse Island, so you’d better be planning on going with me.
Jeremy and Darren, if you are reading this, you are a couple of serious bums if you think that you’re going to stay in Vernon, BC while your folks come to visit. You two mean a lot to me, even though we haven’t gotten to talk for a long time. I often think about you and wonder what you’re doing. Unbeknownst to you, I even have pictures of you from last summer. LOL. Darren, you stud, you. Weren’t you in a movie or something, or haven’t you signed that contract with Paramount Studios yet?
Well, life with four children is quite an experience. Let me tell you. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Each one has their own character and individuality, but they are all a lot like Rebekah and I. I’m very proud of them. Elijah is really turning into a little man, and he has learned a lot in that last year about being an obedient and responsible son. Josiah is learning early, which is a HUGE blessing. Alana is bubbly and adorable, which is a nice sugar coating on the “terrible twos,” which for her just means that she likes to haul off and whack one of her siblings from time to time and occasionally thinks that their worlds should revolve around her.
I just had a battle of wills with Josiah, and he lost. He threw some of his serial on the floor this morning, and I made him pick it all up after I spanked him. He tried to walk away several time and got spanked again and then was returned to his mess to finish picking it up. About 45 minutes later, he had pretty much finished the job. I think he’ll think twice before doing that again.
Spring is here, and boy are we glad. I couldn’t take much more of the winter colds and flus out here. Even though we only got to go sledding once this winter, Spring is a welcome sight. It means that we can finally get the children out of the house and let them burn off some of the energy with which they have been driving their mother and I crazy!
Caleb and Mandi, we’re looking forward to another trip out to see you for a few days. We had a lot of fun when we were there and want to be a blessing to you both, as well as to Paul and Anthony and Kirby and Nancy. We love you all very much and your absence has left a big hole in our local church as well as our in hearts because we don’t get to see you every week. Tell Anthony that I’ve been thinking about him a lot and I sure hope that we get to spend more time with him in the future. He reminds me of a friend of mine from Arkansas. I’m so glad that the Lord answered all of our prayers and that his aunt is doing better.
Tammy and Sam, we miss you just as much. Our children had gotten so close to you, and I don’t think they’ll ever forget you, but if you stay away for too long, you get what you get. Tam, you are a great friend and you and your family have always felt like family to me. You will always have a special place in my heart, along with your sisters and brothers (especially Kevin, whose just lucky that he’s so likeable because if he wasn’t nobody would be able to stand him. He’d better make good on his deal, this summer too. There’s a rumor going around about camp this year. *smile*) Seriously, though, it broke my heart when the two of you moved away. I hope that it hasn’t hurt our friendship any that it was hard for me to happy in your leaving. You know how much I get attached to people, especially people like the two of you who have meant so much to us and to our children.
Becky, you can tell James that I forgive him. Forgiving is easy. Forgetting may take some time. Still, I wouldn’t kick you out of my house.
Sam, work just isn’t the same without you around. Even Katherine has said so, multiple times. Besides, they’ll be no one to take pictures of Elijah and I when we go hiking in Glacier this Spring. I may never see our silhouette in an issue of the Big Fork Eagle, ever again. You’re a goofy man, Sam. But you sure are hard to forget and easy to love.
Gracie, you're one of a kind. I can't believe you're all grown up, now. I don't mind telling you that it makes me awefully nervous, when I remember the two-year-old little girl you once were and then look at your pictures now. Then, I look at my own two-year-old little girl and understand why your parents are looking more and more distinguished by their gray hair. *sinking back in seat with a groan*. I've already told Rebekah that we are NOT having any more girls. They are adorable, to be sure, but they grow up to be w-- www-- *swallowing lump in throat* --women (no, I did not just say that about my daughters). You should well understand that you will always be your daddy's little girl (at least, in his eyes).
Speaking of which, tell your mom and dad that I love and miss them. They're awefully special people, to me, and I often lament the fact that we don't live closer so that I can enjoy their company, along with the rest of my family. I'm not sure about their influence, but I've always enjoyed their company. ...(By the way, I'll be praying for you about the whole Polar Express thing. I hope it hasn't traumatized you too much.)Brother Chris, if you or Sis. Tammy are reading this, we miss the two of you, as well. Of course, we miss you parents more. Your momma sure can cook. I often long for that incredible tomato gravy that she made us the last time we were there. They're good people, and we love them dearly. Bro. Chris, thanks for commenting on my post a while back. How's the Kung-Fu fighting coming along? Didn't you almost hurt yourself last time. I've still got the picture of the two us, short, chubby, bald men looking like a couple of Kung-Fu chickens. You take care of yourself and your family. We love you.
Well, I’d better get going. We’ve got revival next week and lots to do between now and then.
Bro. Ray and Sis. Tammy, I’m really looking forward to seeing the two of you. I hope you don’t mind if we spend some time together while you’re here. I’m sure that there will be plenty that you want to see and you’ll want to visit with others, as well.
God bless you all, and I’ll try to write again, soon.
---Brother Jacob.


9 comments:
How about spending some time with us and introducing us to Glacier? Maybe you can help me find some really good shots? We'll definitely make time for everyone, but I do have to have about three hours for shopping. ~grin~ Hey! That is what we girls do!
That, we can do. Hopefully, we can get all of the way to the top of Logan Pass in Glacier. I don't know if the road will be open that whole way, yet, but if it is, that is the place to go for good pictures, and its also one of my favorite drives, so I'll be happy to take you there.
What did you have in mind for shopping? We've got Target, K-Mart, WalMart, a small and somewhat overpriced Best Buy, and a couple of overpriced clothing stores. We also have a few dollar stores, which is where many of us have taken to doing a good deal of our shopping. Flathead Valley in general is overpriced, but that's the tradeoff you get for the view.
--Bro. Jacob
I just need to hit Walmart or a grocery store and JoAnn's Fabric/Craft store. There are some things that I use to cook with that I cannot find here and I am looking for some specific craft stuff that I would rather not have to wait for in the mail...so...like I said, I only need about 3 hours for shopping, maybe less. Can't wait to see you guys.
Wow Bro. Jay...that post kind of made me feel like you were saying your goodbyes to all your family and friends. (you know you can count on me to say anything serious) :)
No goodbye, I hope. I know I've had a long bout with flus and colds this year, but as far as I know, I'll live to fight off a few more. I am, however, looking at life insurance (something that I feel is necessary, after burrying my dad who had none but DID have a lot of debt). Still, I hope that it will never be needed, since with any luck I'll live 'til Jesus comes.
No, no goodbyes. Just really missing everybody. Time has a way of distancing us physically and in other ways too, since we get spread out and see so little of each other. Just wanted to say, "I haven't forgotten, and my love for each of you is alive and well, and shall be for many years to come."
"...Jenna (at least you don't have to worry about me being over-protective of you now)"
I would take the over- protectiveness any day if it ment you were closer...I really miss having you, Beka and the kids around. I wish I could come see you guys and finelly meet the last 2 additions to the family. Plus I'd be in denial if I said I didn't need some over protectiveness here and there :)
I love you and your family so much!!!!
Jenna
Okay, so I'm just a wee bit miffed right now. I'm reading this "WITH LOVE, FROM BROTHER JACOB" thing, sifting through all of these wonderful, gushy sentiments, and I'm pleasantly surprised to find my name in the list! And then I read on: "Becki, tell James I forgive him" and, "I wouldn't kick you out of my house." What?! That's IT?! That's all you've got to say?! It probably would've been better to not say anything at all!!! "I wouldn't kick you out of my house." It indicates that you'd LIKE to, but you'll exercise all the self-control in your being to try to refrain from doing so. I WOULDN'T KICK YOU OUT OF MY HOUSE?! That's "WITH LOVE, from JACOB"?!?!? Okay, so... OUCH!!! Don't mind me, I'll just go lick my wounds for a little while -- don't let me disturb you or nuthin'! "While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice in it!!!"
Still Bleeding,
~ Becki ~
best regards, nice info Rebuilt engine isuzu 850i bmw spring facial plastic surgery male 2002 acura tl radio Body of change fitness vitamin b bad for rosacea search engine positioning batroun Texas hold em host tournament asthma inhalairs Microsoft digital image pro 10 training redondo beach rosacea treatments axl face lift rose 1999 mercedes benz e430 Paxil cr discontinuation Multi focal contact lenses
Best regards from NY! Cash break free bingo Free web graphics design programs Paris hilton spin Xxx talking dirty sample clips Accelerated online licensed practical nursing degrees sports traders victoria free samples of erectile dysfunction medicine united airlines air miles
Post a Comment