Sunday, April 02, 2006

Our Havre trip

We’re back! And we had a GREAT time. The kids loved being there and we actually pretty good. I was pleased with them. Josiah just loved there dog. We had a good drive out and back. No big or long crying fits. Moriah is good in the van unlike Alana at her age. Actually Alana was the best she has ever been on a 5 hr drive. We got to Havre (yes, I had it spelled wrong! Opps!) and very good stew and cornbread waiting for us. We got to meet one of their friends Anthony, he was nice. After eating we played a game of Hit the Deck. Is your hand twitching Isaiah? lol Micah, has your hand had anymore arguments since then? *big smile* Anyways we went to bed and realized that I forgot the pack and play AND the pacifier for Josiah. It actually worked out ok though. I’ve been wanting to break him of it just hadn’t. But Josiah actually did real good and didn’t cry for it at all. I was pleasantly surprised. The next morning the kids got to eat Lucky Charms for the first time in their life. lol They loved the marshmallows. After Bro. Caleb got off work we went to see their dream piece of land. It was awesome! Big, away from town, bordering a river. I hope they are able to get it some day. We walked down to the river and just about did Mandie in. Josiah got a little too close and fell in. Don’t worry, it wasn’t deep, just cold and wet and muddy. But the kids sure enjoyed getting outdoors and running around. They really enjoyed driving up and down the hills going there and on the way back. Reminded me of the one hill we have in Bethel that we (my brothers and I) use to love my Dad driving down it. Anyway, that night we Sis. Mandie made a very good pot pie. She even gave me the recipe since Jacob loved it so much. Later we started a game then took a break to put kids to bed and ended up talking about dreams. I never realized what a boring dreamer I am until I heard the guys telling about their dreams. lol My goodness! And they all had similar ones or sometimes the same. Like flying in your dream or breathing under water, or get this one having all your teeth fall out!!! LOL Maybe I’m glad I have boring dreams. From there I asked how they got together and all that. It was great hearing it from them. I hear bits here and there from others, but there is nothing like hearing it first hand from the couple themselves. It was great. The next day we had French toast and then off to a lake. That’s where I took pictures of Sis. Mandie (she’s so cute!) with cattails in the background. Jacob picked the “kitty cat tails” as Alana called them, for the kids and then Bro Caleb showed Elijah how fun they are to hit on something and watch break up. Elijah said they looked like a corndog and when I tried to give one to Josiah to play with he opened his mouth to eat it. So he ended up just playing with the rocks. It was fun. Especially watching Bro. Caleb retrieving his football! From there we went to A& W. Elijah and Alana really enjoyed the root beer, said it was “hot”. Can you tell they are not use to carbonated drinks? From there we went back to the house and loaded the van and started home. We had a very good time. It was nice to travel again. I kind of missed traveling so much like we did when we lived in Aurora. What had it been, 7 or 8 months. It was good to get out on the road again. I haven’t looked at the pictures we took while we there yet but most likely will tomorrow, then we will post some, if they are any good. Until then, goodnight!

1 comment:

Rebekah Doran said...

yeah, she is. lol When Paul went into the garage to call you, Alana thought that Paul was playing hide and seek and was walking around the house calling out his name and looking for him.