Thursday, April 27, 2006

Honey-Glazed Chicken

Sorry Sis Tammy, i just now read your blog where you asked for the recipe. With 4 little ones to take care of and a husband, I dont' get to read everyone's everyday. So here is your recipe. I put it up here since I know some others will want it too. Let me know how it turns out!

Honey-Glazed Chicken

½ c. flour

1 tsp salt

½ tsp cayenne pepper

1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 lbs), cut up

½ c butter or margarine, melted and divided

¼ c packed brown sugar

¼ c honey

¼ c lemon juice

1 TBLsp soy sauce

1-1/2 tsp curry powder

In a bowl or bag, combine flour, salt and c. pepper: add chicken pieces and dredge or shake to coat. Pour 4 tablespoons butter into a 13 x 9 in pan: place chicken in pan, turning pieces once to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 min. Combine brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter; pour over chicken. Bake 45 min. more or until chicken is tender, basting several times with pan drippings.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Thanks Sis. Bekah. Smart move putting it on the blog. I'll copy it down as soon as convention is over.

Katie said...

Hey Sis, could you let Sis Cathy know I will be at family camp this year.....
Thanks for recipe.
love and prayers, sis katie

Rebekah Doran said...

Sure, Sis. Katie. did you get her e-mail address?

Glad that the carrot stuff turned out good.

Kasey said...

YOou need to put this on the recipe blog :(