Saturday, April 08, 2006

Micah called!!!

Hope this finds everyone having a GREAT saturday! Mine is going pretty good! Jacob let me sleep in this morning! That was real nice. Now that I'm not pregnant! and I'm not recovering from having a baby, I've actually been surviving on less sleep the last few weeks. It is kinda nice.

Got a call from my long lost brother, Micah, today!!! yeah!!! So he hasn't forgotten about us, although I did have to send him an e-mail with my phone number reminding him that I still existed. Megan, it was one of those late night e-mails, kinda like the first time I ever "talked" to you as Isaiah. Anyway, Micah is doing good. It cost him $5 to get on the internet for an hour and a half, so he doesn't get on very much let alone blog. But the good news is that he has only a month and a half until he is done. He is enjoying himself and of course has friends. There is a church that he can attend when he has a ride. It was good talking to him again.

Jacob threw up last night. yuck! He is feeling a little better today though. Hopefully no one esle will get that. Today I was wanting to go and eat tacos with Grandpa and Grandma Jenkins but that will have to be another day now, so we don't get them sick. If Jacob doesn't get to feeling alot better, we might have to cancel church.

Monday Melissa came over and had me take in one of her blouses that she was going to wear to the funeral. Bro. David Hendricks (my uncle) Dad died and so have of our church is gone. The funeral was yesterday (Friday) some are coming home tonight but won't get here until Sunday afternoon or evening. So we canceled Wed. night service since no one was going to be there. Wed. was also TJ Kauffmans surgery to remove the pins from his legs. So Jacob was with him and his family all morning that day. That evening TJ wanted Jacob to come over, so we went and had supper with them. Grilled chicken, baked potatoes and salad. YUM!

I decided to try and plant some seeds for starts for my garden this year. They are actually growning too! Grandma just told me that I need to plant them deeper so they don't die....

Moriah has started to grab things. It is fun watching the kids get excited about stuff like that. Josiah has even been giving Moriah toys. It's kinda funny, if he gives her a toy then he leaves it alone but if someone else gives her a toy then it drives him nuts until he is able to play with it. but Josiah is always trying to hug or kiss her while she is in her swing, even if she is sleeping.

We tried "Bro. Calebs" ramen noodles this week. They were really good! He puts an egg in them with salt and pepper and butter. He said chicken is really good with it, but we didn't have that so we put broccoli and Califlower in. It was really, really good.

Becki, remember how we were talking about potty training? Well, this week I was in the bathroom folding laundry and Josiah walks in. Next thing I know he is standing up against the toilet just like Elijah does. Now, is that a hint or what!? He's ready, I guess the question is, am I ready? lol hmmm...I'll have to get back to you on that.

Well, Josiah just got up from his nap, so I better be going. The other two kids are outside. Yeah! They haven't been able to play outside for a few days because of rain. Poor Elijah was getting so bored and FULL of energy. Anyway, have a great rest of a Saturday and Becki and Tammy, make sure you cream Bro. Sam tonight in your rummy game for me! *smile*

3 comments:

cokelady said...

Sounds like you've been staying plenty busy. Big surprise!

I'm really glad it's your turn to potty train and not mine again! Sam has an accident on occasion, but for the most part he's doing GREAT. I've even been letting him go to bed in his gandhis and he's had no problem. Wa-hoo! I hope your Josiah catches on as quickly!!! All I can say is: COLD SHOWER, COLD SHOWER, COLD SHOWER! ~smile~

We played Rummy last night. Sam won. Ggrrr. AGAIN. Maybe we'll be able to play again after church tomorrow. BELIEVE ME, I'll do my best to beat him good -- for both of us!

Later!,
BECKI

Anonymous said...

Whats the genereal rule of thumb, are girls or boys easier to potty train? What about an 11 month old Beagle that "leaked" just because he was mad at me?? :) J/K I think he's still traumatized from the scolding and punishment Caleb gave him! :) YIKES :|
I just cann't eat "Caleb Ramen". It's just...not very good to me. But I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe it's the egg part that grosses me out so much. I must say though, adding veggies is a really good idea. Awhile back my Mom sent Caleb a link to a ramen recipe web site. There were some pretty gross sound things on there. Uncooked ramen dipped in chocolate and put on a stick. No thanks.

Katie said...

Rebekah, I love reading about your children and your life. You have a special place in my heart.
The pictures you posted a while back were breath taking. We serve and AWESOME God, who gives us such wonderful pleasures if we only look around and appreciate them...love and prayers to all, sis katie.