I want to give a testimony on what the Lord has done to help us in redoing the roof and repainting.
To start out with, the loan company was for low income families. They didn't require a downpayment and adjusted the rate of insurance to your income. That in itself was a blessing and we were able to actually get the loan. The loan company came and looked at the house and said that the house needed a new roof and a new paint job and some stuff down to the inside of the house before they would give us the loan. Since it was fall and a bit on the cold side, they said that we could just do the inside of the house and do the outside in the spring/summer. We got the inside done and then got the estimates for the outside to be done. The loan company wanted to make sure we would have the money to get the work done (to the outside, I'm guessing so that if the company had to sell the place, because we weren't making payment or something like that. It would be ready to sell.) The company saved back the estimated amount to fix the outside until we had it done, at which time they would reimburst us.
We got an estimate from a roofer as to how much it would cost to do our roof. It was over the amount that we even had to work with! When we told Josh Davis what the roofer said, He said that he would do it for a much smaller amount. The loan company was fine with that as long as it was in writing. So everything was set and the loan went through! We have a church member who works at ACE hardware and so this spring he told us that he could watch for tin that was ordered wrong and thus was being sold at half price in order for them to get rid of it faster. We told him 5 colors that we wouldn't mind having. Then we started waiting and wondering what we would end up with or if we would even get tin in time before having to order at full price. The Lord blessed and we ended up with the dark green roof. After getting the rook on we started looking more seriously at paint colors. We had tons of colors that we brought home and held them up agaisnt the tin. Narrowed it down quite a bit to two. Jacob and I liked one better than the other but thought that we would bring it church and see what everyone else thought. (They all had more experience with painting houses.) They all agreed with what Jacob and I like, thus our house is painted "rainforest". We were also able to get a deal on the paint. So when I added up all the cost to finish our house it was $900+ less than what we had estimated it to be!!! Praise the Lord! We now have a little extra to start converting the garage into living space (especially an extra bathroom!). I just really want to thank the Lord for the family and friends that He has placed in our lives at this time, so that we can learn how to do more for ourselves and for all the help they have been in working on our 1st home. If any of you are reading this. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Jacob and I are really happy on how it has turned out this far and are excited to see what else we can learn and do with our home.
To start out with, the loan company was for low income families. They didn't require a downpayment and adjusted the rate of insurance to your income. That in itself was a blessing and we were able to actually get the loan. The loan company came and looked at the house and said that the house needed a new roof and a new paint job and some stuff down to the inside of the house before they would give us the loan. Since it was fall and a bit on the cold side, they said that we could just do the inside of the house and do the outside in the spring/summer. We got the inside done and then got the estimates for the outside to be done. The loan company wanted to make sure we would have the money to get the work done (to the outside, I'm guessing so that if the company had to sell the place, because we weren't making payment or something like that. It would be ready to sell.) The company saved back the estimated amount to fix the outside until we had it done, at which time they would reimburst us.
We got an estimate from a roofer as to how much it would cost to do our roof. It was over the amount that we even had to work with! When we told Josh Davis what the roofer said, He said that he would do it for a much smaller amount. The loan company was fine with that as long as it was in writing. So everything was set and the loan went through! We have a church member who works at ACE hardware and so this spring he told us that he could watch for tin that was ordered wrong and thus was being sold at half price in order for them to get rid of it faster. We told him 5 colors that we wouldn't mind having. Then we started waiting and wondering what we would end up with or if we would even get tin in time before having to order at full price. The Lord blessed and we ended up with the dark green roof. After getting the rook on we started looking more seriously at paint colors. We had tons of colors that we brought home and held them up agaisnt the tin. Narrowed it down quite a bit to two. Jacob and I liked one better than the other but thought that we would bring it church and see what everyone else thought. (They all had more experience with painting houses.) They all agreed with what Jacob and I like, thus our house is painted "rainforest". We were also able to get a deal on the paint. So when I added up all the cost to finish our house it was $900+ less than what we had estimated it to be!!! Praise the Lord! We now have a little extra to start converting the garage into living space (especially an extra bathroom!). I just really want to thank the Lord for the family and friends that He has placed in our lives at this time, so that we can learn how to do more for ourselves and for all the help they have been in working on our 1st home. If any of you are reading this. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Jacob and I are really happy on how it has turned out this far and are excited to see what else we can learn and do with our home.
Here is a picture of the back of the house with the primer on. We ment to get a picture of the back of the house all scraped, but that somehow got missed. It was awhole lote worst than the front due to the sun hitting it all the time.

After the paint.

Here is the front of the house, scraped and tape up, waiting for primer and paint.

After.

So there is the story and pictures. I'll be writing more about what we've been up to this week later. Bye for now! :)


7 comments:
Wow! It looks great! You guys worked so hard and it has paid off with a beautiful home.
When I try to get to your blog from my link, I just get your wallpaper, but when I click on the link on the e-mail, I actually get here. Hmmm...weird.
WOW that is REALLY nice!!!
Thanks everybody!
MT-that is weird. I hope it won't be like that all the time....Hope that it is not doing that for everyone else.
Meg-Yes, It was a huge relief to be off the deadline. We actually still have to put another coat of paint on the porch. You can't tell from the pictures, but it needs another coat. I thought that I would catch up on everything else first though. Ummm...as far as the inside goes, hee hee hee, I'm not really done. The walls are still pretty much bare. We do have carpet in all the rooms and an actual floor in the bathroom and all the walls are painted but that is about it. I can post pictures, but like I said, there is nothing on the walls. If you want to see our paint job and the curtains I made I can post thoses though! I don't know when I'll get to putting stuff on the walls. Kinda wainting to get the garage converted maybe... :)
Yes, I'm soo glad that we have tin roof. And it actually rained last night! That was fun!
Praying for you!
Jessa- Thanks! How are things going on your end?
The house looks great guys. Isn't the Lord awesome. Oh how different a couple years have made ;o)
Yes, alot can happen in a couple years. The Lord has quite the way of placing us in unexecpted places, but I see over and over (later on) why He does. There is no doubt in my mind that God brought us here when he did. The house was just a side benefit.
I had the same problem with your site for a few hours yesterday--nothing but wallpaper. But it seems to be fixed now, so all is well. :-)
WOW, the house looks terrific!!! Isn't it amazing what a HUGE difference a little paint makes?! That must feel soooooooo good. In fact, I KNOW it does! ;-) Congratulations!
Awww well things are good. BUSY! VERY busy! Trying now to pull everything together...money, jobs, ect.Only two more weekes and we are outa here!!! :O)I need to try calling you sometime...This week was the last week of cleaning busses sooooo I'll be up late again from now on. I'll try soon and see if your busy.
Luv ya,
jes
Post a Comment