Good news! The lady came on Friday and checked out the house and she said that it looked really good, like a different house. She really liked the color too. So we should be getting our check to pay for it all this week sometime. Don't have a picture yet. We don't have the porch all finished yet, have to put on another layer of paint. Jacob is working on painting a little today, so we'll see what all gets done today. I'm not sure how much will, as we are going to be going to some rich friends that Jacob has made over on the West Shore for supper and a boat ride. It is going to be fun and nice not to have to make anything for supper.
Sunday was busy too. Usually we come home and put all three younger kids down for a nap and have some quiet time in the afternoon, but not this Sun. Jacob had to cover a BBQ. they gave him some free tickets so our whole family went. Good food. They get the meat from a place that is known for having good meat. And then BBQ it in the ground in these big holes. They had turkey and buffalo. Yum! Anyway after that Jacob had another interview to go do with an old scientist. He discovered some new mineral and has done TONS of other things and now that he is old, he decided to get into photography. In all his research he ran into alot of pretty places and so now he is going back and taking pictures of them all and then naming them after some old paintings or sculptures that they remind him of. I guess that he has started a new form of art doing this and it is quite successful. He is going out of country this week to Russia and some other places that I don't remember to show his Photos. Quite interesting! After that we ran to church for evening service. We were a little late but so was everyone else so it worked out ok. My Grandma had her brothers up from Wyoming for a visit that day hence everyone else being late, since we didn't get to see them after church we went to there hotel room and visited them there. Alana was soo tired that she started to cry and tell us that she was ready for bed. So we went home and all fell into bed.
Yesterday we got our septic pumped. There was this guy that would do it for 200 instead of 300 if you have 3 or more in the same area that wanted it pumped. So my whole family (Uncle David and Aunt Cathy, Josh and Debbie, Dave and Mel and us) decided to get our tanks pumped and clean yesterday. It sure is handy to all live on the same circle.
The other day I took the kids to a park while Jacob was covering a story. When he was done, he called me to come pick him up. So I got all four kids in the van and then started looking for my keys. I couldn't find them anywhere. I looked in the diaper bag, the back of the stroller, in all the locks of the doors and no keys! I was a little nervous to say the lest, then for some reason I felt I needed to ask Elijah if he knew where the keys were. He smiled and said that he hid them under Moriah's car seat. That little stinker! I was surprised but not too surprised as that is something I would have done when I was a kid. LOL!
Elijah can be so ornery sometimes and other times he can be so sweet. Like the other day, there was a bug in the house and I told Elijah to kill it. He said that he didn’t want to but that instead he would bring it outside, so that “it can go to see its Mom”. How could I argue with that?
Moriah got her first tooth Thursday! She had a fever and cold on Wed. and now I know why. She is also rolling around the house, pulling herself up to things and has just start getting into the sitting position from laying down. She is also getting on all fours and rocking back and forth. I think she is going to be crawling before any of my other kids did.
Josiah LOVES dogs. He has now started to pretend that he is a dog. It is so cute to see this almost 2 yrs old on all fours picking up stuff in his mouth and bring it to you. The other day Jacob told me he was eating his spilled dried cereal from off the floor like a dog. He is also the only on that likes to drink water from off the floor if I don’t get it mopped up fast enough. Kids are so crazy, fun and different!
That’s it for now. Sorry, I know it is a little long and no pictures, but hopefully we can fix that next post. I still haven’t posted any pictures of our AK trip. One of these days I will but for now, have a great day and evening and remember us in our region out here. We love you all.
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


6 comments:
So glad that your house passed! Enjoy your dinner out and the boat ride!
lol your kids crack me up! Dad was telling me yesterday about Alana and Ernie in AK. He had me laughing soooo hard. :O)
You'll have to post a picture of your house when it's finished! I'm sure it's been fun to see the progress...
I'll e-mail you later....much to share!
Love ya lady!
Jessa
that was fun to read! Have a great night!
So glad things went well with your house! We're still waiting for pictures.
I agree--your kids are a riot! They're hilarious. It's a good thing!
*Pppsssssst!* Em's address is: bigredvan.blogspot.com
;-)
Your kidos are growin soo fast...I can't believe Moriah's got her first tooth! Darian went thru a dog-stage too where he liked to eat without utensils. How bazzare...
Post a Comment