We got pigs, again! Bro. Ted, Jacob, Elijah, TJ and Gabe went to get them on Saturday. We'll butcher them in the fall and have organically-raised pork (not to mention some really good bacon) for the winter. Here are some pictures from Saturday:
This is the Rockport Colony, where we got our pigs.
It is located between Browning & Great Falls (in the middle of nowhere).

TJ holding a day-old pig.

Elijah checks out the pigs. These are about the age of the ones that we got.

Elijah watches Bro. Ted load the pigs into the pickup.

Elijah and Gabe in the back of the pickup, with the pigs.

Sis. Loren dragging a pig out of the truck.

The squealing was a little too much for TJ's ears.

Bro. Ted and Loren tagging the pigs.
.jpg)
Sis. Loren held the pigs down for Bro. Ted.

The children all helped clean up, after the pigs were in their pins.

Farmer Ted, supervising.

The happy helpers, riding back to the house.

Jacob put more pictures up on his blog, if you want to check them out. There are some cute ones of Gabe and Elijah with the pigs.
http://aninspiredquill.blogspot.com/
7 comments:
That's quite the combination. . . Eskimo/pig farmer ! :)
Proud grandma.
Cute pictures. It looks like the kids had a great time. :O)
Are you achin..yup,yup,yup..for some bacon..yup,yup,yup..he's a big pig..yup,yup,yup,yup... you can be a big pig too!! POO!!!
Matt
Wow, my comment is going right next to Matthew's--it's almost like I've talked to him personally! HI MATT! :-)
I still think it's just wrong to have your kids go see the cute little porkers and make friends with then, knowing their future fate. How cruel is that?! I bet the kids won't be smiling quite so big next time! ;-)
This wasn't the first year the kids have seen the pigs before eating them. :)
Aww, shucks. I didn't get to post right next to you, Becky. But I don't trust my food unless I can look it in the eye before I eat it!
Truly an Eskimo sentiment, I'm sure.
And Matt, if I was ever in a group of people who were lost in the woods, I would want you to be there.
"If I was there, we wouldn't be LOST in the woods!"
Remember?! Ha!
Post a Comment