Thursday, May 10, 2007

Red Mulch

Today I got to spend 4-5 hours in the sun. It was a nice day but not too sunny or hot. Perfect for working in the yard. We have this circle of rocks that was in the back yard when we moved in. Perfect place to plant a flower bed. If not this year, hopefully next year. Anyway, I decided to weed it all out today and then cover it with plastic to keep the weeds from growing back. A lady Jacob sees from time to time on his job with the paper sent home some Johnny Jump Ups. I guess they are suppose to spread out and cover an area like a blanket. Anyway, I thought that I would try them out in that circle and see what they do this year.


Here is the circle before weeding. Pretty bad huh? Can't really tell that it is there.
Here it is after the weeding and planting of the flowers. I know you can't really see the flowers, but I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks they will grow more now that they are in real ground.
After working in the back yard the kids and I went inside for a snack of vegs and dip. They all enjoy that. Josiah and Moriah really enjoy the dip part. Then it was to the front yard for me. I have some flowers growing in front of the house that needed weeding. So I decided to weed it and then put the plastic down and then mulch it. I also moved the white "Bleeding Hearts" over a bit. They were really close to the rose bush which made them harder to see. After I was done Jacob even asked me if those "white flowers" had always been there or if I just put them in. lol Guys!

Here is the before picture.

And here is the after picture. We didn't know what kind of mulch to go with. It didn't help that the day we picked it out was a hot day and it was more like grab something and GO! Not alot of thinking involved, so hopefully it looks ok.

9 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

The mulch looks great!

AKCameraGuy said...

Not bad, Bek, looks great!

Rebekah Doran said...

Am I actually seeing a comment from my brother????? wow....I'm in shock...

Thanks man!

Montgomery's said...

What a difference a little change makes! Looks great!

Rebekah Doran said...

Thanks MT and Amy. :)

Kasey said...

I like the red mulch!!! Go you! Weeding is hard work. You are one tough cookie!

Rebekah Doran said...

I'm also one SORE "cookie". haa haa I'm such a wimp to be so sore. I don't remember being sore like this last year when I weeded. *sigh* I'm not getting old, I'm not getting old, I'm not getting old.....

Kasey said...

I feel old! I graduated SEVEN YEARS AGO, SEVEN!! SEVEN!!!!!!!!!! man

Rebekah Doran said...

Seven? Is that all? I graduated TEN years ago. *sigh*