Saturday, May 26, 2007

Out Smarted by a One Year Old

Yep, sad but true. I don't feel too bad though because she outsmarted Jacob too. hee hee What did she do? Well, since you asked I'll tell ya. :) Moriah loves to play with our phone. We try to keep her from playing with it, but from time to time she still gets a hold of it. This time after she had it, it wouldn't ring. I checked the ringer to make sure it was "on" and it was. The only thing I can think of what she did was "mute" it. I pushed all kinds of buttons trying to un-mute it, all to no avail. Jacob took a try at it, still with no luck. Finally after a couple days of no ringer I let Moriah play with the phone, hoping that she would do whatever she did before and turn it back on. It worked! Our phone now rings. *smiling while shaking head* She's too smart but oh, so much fun. It seems with each kid we had, we have had more fun with and enjoyed them more while they are so young. Don't get me wrong, we have had fun with all the kids. Maybe we are more relaxed ourselves and know more of what to do and expect. Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what this next one will be like. Will he/she look like me or Jacob or a combination of both? What will this ones personality be like?

I have some exciting news. My brother Isaiah is flying in tomorrow to visit with us for 4 whole days!!!! It's been a year since we have seen him. I should get off this and go cut some hair and finish supper and get everyone bathed for tomorrow.

I wanted to take a picture of Alana in a dress for Becki Horne to see. Of course, I then had to take pictures of all the other kids too. So here they are.


Elijah and Josiah

Moriah

Alana
Thanks Becki and Katie for the dresses. Alana LOVES them. :)

Ok one last picture. Jacob took this of me while out looking at the Buffalo. I know Tammy K. had been wanting me to post a picture with belly, so this one is for you Tammy.

Me at 6 months.

Oh, for those of you who are interested. Jacob also posted on his "Live Journal" blog.

6 comments:

cokelady said...

I know what you mean about being more relaxed the more kids you have. It's either that, or just too tired to care! Ha! I'm glad your little brainiac got the phone fixed for you.

What good looking kids you have! I'm so glad Alana is able to wear the dresses!!! The hat looks as doofy on her as it did Katie! Ha! They always love the big, doofy hats, don't they?! Anyway, she looks adorable. :-)

cokelady said...

Oh, and you do, too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture Bec. You are so cute, like always. Love the pics of the kids. Alana looks adorable, I love the hat. That hat, dress and Smile is all SOOO Alana. She is so very cute. I miss that girl.love you guys.

Rachel said...

Good grief! Figuring out the technology better than Mom & Dad already!

The kids are adorable and you are just glowing. :-)

Unknown said...

aww-- they are so adorable.

i only hope our kids are 1/2 as cute as yours!

they're Peters, so of course!

and as everyone else has said... you look great! i miss being there with ya'll.

sigh. seems like no matter where i am, i'll always missing someone.

and moriah! smarty! :P reminds me of when i was little- there wasn't a child-proof lock that i couldn't open :)

Rebekah Doran said...

Rebekah - Thanks! Being tired might have a little to do with it. *grin*

Tammy K- We miss you guys too. Although Mel and Dave have been coming to our house after church Sun night the past two Sundays and stayed until after midnight. It's been fun.

Rachel - Isn't that the way it usually works? *grin*

Megan- I guess missing people just means you have alot of friends. :)