We had our regional ABM leader, Bro. Barker, and his son, Daniel, AND our regional overseer come visit us for our Wednesday service. They arrived late Tuesday night and left early Thursday morning (this morning). We had a GREAT visit with them. I believe it was the first time Jacob really got to visit with Bro. Barker. I have known the Barkers since I was 16, but hadn't talked or seen them in a long time until just this last year. I hadn't seen Daniel in 10 yrs and would not have recognized him walking down the street. I told the Elijah that Bro. Adams was coming and he asked me if Sis. Tammi was coming too. I think he was a little disapointed that you weren't coming Sis. Tammi. But he survived. When I told Alana that Bro. Adams was coming, she excitedly told Elijah that "Adam and Eve" were coming. *chuckle* Anyway, we had a great time with them. Wednesday night, after church, we had an icecream social at the park. That gave all the church members a chance to visit with our guests. Later that night, Jacob, Daniel and I played "Settlers". It was a run between Jacob and Daniel at the end but Jacob won out by one point. Here is a picture of the two guys.

Today Elijah started his last day of class. Since I was tired, I told him he could just finish it tomorrow. I can't believe that after tomorrow, there will be no more classes for Elijah, just some tests for his final grades. Those will be easy though. So hopefully next week he will be all done! Then we can start on piano and doing things outside. *big smile*
Tomorrow Jacob is going over to help Bro. Ted with setting up the pig pens. Then Saturday he will go with Bro. Ted to pick the pigs up. Then come this fall we all will have home grown pigs for our freezers. You've never tasted anything better then his pigs.
Jacob had an early deadline this week due to his boss going on vacation, so tomorrow at 5pm he has to have all his stories in, instead of the normal Sun evening at 8 deadline. It's all worked out though and Jacob is going to be able to make the deadline easily.
I did have a great mother's day. But will save that for another post. I'll end this post with some pictures of our icecream social. Goodnight!
Elijah getting his cone.

Gabe enjoying the horse.

Nathan enjoying his cone.

Alana on the swing.

Josiah enjoying the park AND the cone.

Moriah was too busy to eat a cone, so I had to help her out. :P

Tim and Elijah on the slide.

I'm not sure what to say about this pic...I just know it makes me laugh and shake my head.
4 comments:
Please give Elijah a hug for me and tell him I missed seeing them too. Eve huh! Too funny! That last picture is hilarious!
I have that same maternity dress! http://www.ringo.com/photos/photo.html?photoId=151038592
So do I!!!! That's so funny.
How funny. Maybe it is because it is one of the few M. dresses that is modest. :)
Post a Comment