Monday, May 07, 2007

Our Weekend

Wow, our weekend went by too fast. Friday night, I picked up Megan from the airport. Went home and fed everyone tacos. Megan throughly loved the mountains and who wouldn't? The kids warmed up to Aunt Megan right away and Alana was talking non-stop. We finally got the kids into bed and pulled out "Settlers" . Megan caught on right away and did really good her first time playing.

Saturday Jacob had some things to cover in the morning and then was going to pick Micah up at noon. So Megan baked a chocolate angel food cake and read and played with the kids while I made some corn muffins for lunch etc. After lunch we went for a walk around the bend. We stopped at Melissa's house so Megan could met Melissa. While I was inside the guys pulled up. (Jacob and Micah) I was suprised they got back to the bend so soon. It was our week to clean the church and I knew that they were going to do that before coming home. They must of cleaned at lighting speed. The two older kids were VERY excited to see Uncle Micah. We went back home and all three older kids wrestled and played with Uncle Micah. Moriah just wasn't quit sure what to think of him. But by the end of the day, much to my surprise, she did let Micah hold her. That night we pulled out settlers again and taught Micah how to play. Megan even won a game! WaHoo!

Sunday morning was busy getting ready for church, but because Micah was there to help with the kids, I was able to make french toast for breakfast. We all enjoyed having something else besides cereal. Megan did a special for us at church that morning. She signed a song for us. It was really neat to watch. That afternoon Megan and Micah made a wonderful 7th Anniversary supper for Jacob and me. We had:

Roast Loin of Pork with Baked Stuffed Apples and Cider Gravy
Wild Rice and Toasted Pecan Pilaf
Mixed Greens Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pecans

I tried to help make the supper, but Megan wouldn't let me. *smile* It was kinds weird at first to not be doing anything but then I remembered how when I go to my Grandma's I just like her to leave the kitchen and let me do it all, so I went and transposed a song and fix another song in printable fashion that Micah and Jacob were going to sing that night at church. Then it was supper time. Yummy, yummy yum! I've never had stuffed apples before, but they were really good. Everything was good. Jacob and I haven't had a day off on our Anniversary the last couple years, so this was a very nice and memorable anniversary meal. After church we had our anniversary desert of:

Chocolate Angle Food Cake and Raspberry Parfaits

Wow, those are sooo yummy. We had enough to have some today too. The kids are really looking forward to that. Anyway, after our desert we finished watching "Moe and the Big Exit". after the movie, I told the kids that when they woke up Uncle Micah and Aunt Megan were going to be gone and to tell them "bye" now. Poor Elijah looked sooo SAD, like he was losing his best friends. It made me feel bad for him. After the kids were in bed and the kitchen was cleaned, (Megan and Micah cleaned it for me, boy did I get spoiled!) Elijah started crying. Micah and Megan went in and talked with him for a while and he was better after that. I think we were all sad to see them go so soon. We didn't get very many pictures while they were here either. I hope Megan got more. The ones I did take blurred. Here are the best ones. I'll probably be copying some off of Megan's ringo when she puts her pictures up.


Here are Alana and Josiah hanging on to Megan's legs while she pulls them.
Aunt Megan and Josiah

Here is the first time Moriah let Uncle Micah hold her.

Here is Uncle Micah holding ALL of the kids at the same time.

We were sooo glad that they were able to stop by and visit. Even though it was short, it was better than nothing. Now they are on their way to AK to have a summer like none other. Megan is going to get to see first hand the kind of life Micah lives and dreams of living with his future family. I would LOVE to be there to show Megan how to cut fish and enjoy life in Bethel, but since that is not possible I'll have to be content reading her wonderful blog this summer and enjoying the pics she will put up.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I love Moriah's expression in the first picture of Micah holding her.

The Middle J said...

I was just about to say the same. Moriah cracks me!

Rebekah Doran said...

She makes that face alot. Makes me smile every time. I have my doubts about her being as sweet as Alana. *grin*

Kasey said...

she looks spunky!!! I miss Meg now. :(